iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I just used Carvana and it was awesome

Started by 21incher, April 08, 2022, 01:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

A couple weeks ago I bought my wife a new Subaru Forester for her 70th birthday and we did a buyback of my old Silverado that had a rotting frame GM refused to fix. We were left with her 2010 Focus that I was going to sell. I went online to check the value because it only had 46,000 miles and wanted to see how close the book value was to what I planned on selling it for because trade in value for my new Ranger was lower then what I expected. After getting the current value there was a pop up for CarMax for an offer. I looked at their offer and it was exactly what I wanted but it was almost an 80 mile round trip to drop it off. I then decided to try Carvana and their offer was slightly lower but they would send out a truck to pick it up so I accepted the offer. A couple emails to them with pics of the speedometer, title, and our, licenses took 5 minutes. Then a window opened up to schedule pickup. Well today a truck arrived to pick it up with a check in hand at the scheduled time. A very professional young man checked the VIN number, took some pics, and then had us sign a couple papers to transfer the title. He handed us a check and off he went with the car. I couldn't believe how pleasant an experience it was and I actually got what I wanted with no hassle or tire kickers. I usually dread selling old vehicles because there have been many tire kickers and no shows in the past. This one was gone in 5 minutes. Wonder if anyone else has had a great experience with Carvana.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

aigheadish

My parents bought their last care with Carvana and were very pleased. They said it was a very nice and easy process.

Bummer you didn't get to drive it into a vending machine though... 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Lostinmn

My neighbor bought their last car though them.  Dropped it off and picked up the trade in slick as can be.  He was very pleased all the way around with them.

Corley5

I contacted them when we were looking at getting out of the lease for our 2020 Ram and into a new one.  Their offer was $10,000.00 less than what a local dealership bought the truck for, and I would have had to drive the truck to Novi, Mi to make the transaction.  Their offer was so low that I would have had to cut them a check for the remainder of the lease buyout for them to take it off my hands.  I wasn't impressed :-\
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

21incher

Quote from: Corley5 on April 08, 2022, 04:13:01 PM
 I contacted them when we were looking at getting out of the lease for our 2020 Ram and into a new one.  Their offer was $10,000.00 less than what a local dealership bought the truck for, and I would have had to drive the truck to Novi, Mi to make the transaction.  Their offer was so low that I would have had to cut them a check for the remainder of the lease buyout for them to take it off my hands.  I wasn't impressed :-\
Wonder if it costs them more to get out of a lease then a dealer. Our experience was wonderful and we came out with an extra grand with zero travel. That's why you have to get several quotes. 

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Corley5

A lease buy out is a lease buy out.  A GMC dealership paid off the Chrysler Capital lease for what it would have cost me and I didn't lease new from them.  I went to my Ram dealer where we leased from and started over again.  Sounds like Carvana did well for you.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

kantuckid

There's an article in todays newspaper about vehicle buying in this crazy covid times. The chart therein shows that for 2021/22 the cost of a new vehicle has gone up ~ 25% and used ~ 20% since pre covid and chip/steel/parts shortages. MSRP is standard lately for new. Car mfg's are saying it will be 2023 before the chip issue and covid stupidity catches them up and we go back to expected new discounting. One son bought his wife a new Tahoe from a volume TN dealer who gets 3-4 of them per month. I'm certain he paid MSRP with selling his old one privately.
What works OK as a sales device for some, would never ever satisfy my own vehicle buys, especially right now. But I hear you on avoiding lot lizards and dealerships.   
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!