iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere E model transmission

Started by Log-it-up, July 26, 2022, 08:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-it-up

Hi every one I have a friend with a JD540E model skidder that is slipping in the odd gear number (1,3,5) just wondering if any one has tackled one of these he wouldn't mind putting in a remanufactured one but John Deere says there obsolete 
Is there any transmission shops or mechanic that tackle these things in the north east any help would be appreciated 
This is a late model E model 94/95 with the 6 cylinder motor 

EricR

http://www.j-kequipment.com/

This company advertises a lot of jd parts on the Facebook groups. Don't know anything about them

Could also try PB&H equipment in New Hampshire. They have been helpful to me in the past. I don't know if either work on transmissions but if not I'm sure they know who does

Log-it-up

kiko

It may be possible to repair that transmission.   The c1/c2 clutch can be removed from the front and typically when missing odd gears likely that is where the issue lies.  Remove the drive shaft from the engine.  Remove the circle of bolts around the transmission yolk and the the whole c1/c2 clutch can be pulled right out.  Clutch piston seal could blown in either clutch and there are steel seal rings that can be worn. Those rings are accessed after removing clutch drum from shaft.  Although more difficult the rest of the clutches can be removed in frame if necessary.

Thank You Sponsors!