iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HELP, I broke my Hydro Ax 621E

Started by smooth_operator, October 11, 2022, 11:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smooth_operator

Hello all, I am in need of some serious help in regards to a Hydro Ax 621E with a rotary ax head.

On a job site yesterday cutting along as normal, nothing out of the ordinary. Machine was running fine and normal when all of a sudden I lost all hydraulic functions. The motor was running (and still does) fine. Will start up normal, no odd or unfamiliar noise from engine or machine itself. However I have no hydraulic, hydrostatic functions. No propel, lift or tilt, no steer, and no power to attachment.

The machine is a 2003 Hydro Ax 621E, non pilot control, and has "Sunsource" pumps in it.

My first thoughts were something was wrong between the engine, clutch and/or gear box, however the clutch is in good working order and so far i do not believe there is an issue with the gear box itself. I'm not 100% sure of that, just a hunch. My second thought was it may be an issue with the charge pump mounted in-line with the hydrostat (propel) pump.

Any and all help, recommendations, and troubleshooting is greatly appreciated, I know a little bit but I'm no expert. Any ideas Kiko?

beenthere

Maybe getting some hydraulic pressure numbers can lead you to the cause of the problem. i.e. pump failure.

Have you a pressure gauge? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Check to see if the fiber clutch disc has lost all it's teeth. There is an inspection cover on the back side of the bell housing where you can look.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

kiko

You say non pilot?  Not sure what that means.   The pump that is visable bolted to back of the propel pump is the steering  pump not the charge pump. The charge pump is intregal inside the propel pump. The pilot control is provided to the joystick and solonoids from the propel pump charge pump.   If the clutch is good, then the coupler between the propel pump input shaft and gear box is likely stripped, the charge pump has failed, or a major failure has occurred  in the propel pump or propel motor that is dumping charge/ pilot oil to case drain. The charge pump oil is drawn into the charge pump then directed through the spin on filter the back into the main propel pump. At the adapter that the hose come out of the pump and go to the filter is where the charge oil I'd directed to the joystick.  You can discount the wire to the injection pump so engine will NOT START THEN remove this line and crank engine over and see if it pump any oil.

BurkettvilleBob

Don't want to make your head swell Kiko, but what an amazing resource you are. 

kiko

Thanks .  It is a blessing and a  curse.  Sometimes I go in to hiding.

barbender

Well at least you only have to help on here when you want to, kiko😊 For the right price, anybody that is really desperate to get ahold of kiko I can bring right to his shop😁
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!