iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who is up for a Forestry Forum Booth at SAWLEX??

Started by Captain, May 05, 2005, 10:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

What do you members think?? 

Kevin of LogRite and Myself have been recruiting support from other sponsors to fund a booth at SAWLEX ----- EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE FORESTRY FORUM!! :)

It looks as if we have enough support to convince me that I need to reserve the spot in the morning.  The booth will be in the inside display area in a VERY PROMINENT (like on the way in....) location.  Since this will probably be the biggest gathering of Forestry Forum Members across the country to date, we felt that there was a need for an "official" stand-alone gathering place.

I'll be bringing a new, plain white 10x20 canopy with sides to hang things from and kind of create a private space...what else should we include???

If you're a sponsor and Kevin or myself have not contacted you yet, please send one of us an instant message to contribute. (CAPTAIN or NESLRITE)

...so...SUPRISE Jeff.  Hope yer not mad....and let's get planning, Forestry Forum!!

CAPTAIN

Brad_S.

As a prelude to the pig roast, give out pulled pork sandwiches. :D ::)
I'll be sure to stop by and say hi.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Jeff

Kewell!  I talked to GaryD about banners and that is a go as soon as we know what sizes. Craig, you know the tent and how things might hang on it, what do we need for banners (how many) and what size. Do we need one for each end? Each Side?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kirk_Allen

I will be there both days so if you need help in the booth I am up for donating a couple of hours so it frees others up to see things.............................................as long as we can still see the shoot out ;D

Captain

I expect the Forestry Forum tent will be vacant during the shootout.... ;D

Jeff, the tent is your typical 10x20 outdoor canopy, with the tubing frame.  I have sides for it, so I was thinking of covering one side and maybe the ends, but leaving one big side open.  You can hang stuff however you want  :)

We are kind of just in hopes that people can stop in when they want a rest, pull up a chair and stay awhile.  So as far as I am concerned, there will be no "duty" assignments.   It will also have to be the official picture location for sure!! 

Captain

GF

Jeff,
   I might be able to help you out on those banners, I have a HP Designjet color that will print up to 42" wide and any length up to 100'.  Design up what you what it have on it save it as a JPG, or a PPT (powerpoint) and I will try to get it printed out and sent to you.  I will need a little time prior to you needing it sometimes that printer has a mind of it own when printing large files.

Jeff

Thanks so much for the offer! We have another member, GareyD that also has this service Gary already has much of my Art work, as he helped me with some other projects. We started talking last night, so I think we already have the ball rolling on this.  Again, thanks. :)

Jeff

The Forestry Forum may have some good topical information available at our spot. Craig and I talked about it, and I called the Michigan Department of Agriculture and offered them a place within our space for a table top display. If they can work out the time, they may be sending a small display with a ton of Information, and someone to answer all your questions on the Emerald Ash Borer.  :)

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Paschale

Well, heck...I may see a little road trip in my future, depending on when and where this thing takes place.  Anyone have the details?
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

fstedy

8) 8) 8) ROADTRIP  8) 8) 8) I'll be there to it will be great to finally meet some of you folks. Just finished up my Motel reservation and Sawlex registration. Looks like their will be some good seminars in addition to the Shootout. See ya there. HOORAY
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Tam-i-am

I'm taking some time away from my day job to come!  I can't wait - I've been away for so long.

Anyone up for LogRite brownies?

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

I been on a diet  :-\  So I gotta say YOU BETCHA! ;D

dutchman

Great idea , I'll be there Sat. Hope to met a few of our sponsors.Thanks for the extra effort.

sigidi

It will have to be a "gunnadoo" for me, a bit too far to hitchhike ::) :(

Hope to see a whole bunch of pics and a great write up afterwards 8)
Always willing to help - Allan

Part_Timer

Sigidi

I'll have the kids take some pictures for ya :D  They want to go with us.  The daughter is nine so there might not be any of the mills but it could be interesting

I'm going over to talk to Captain about converting to the "swing side".  He told me I could tryout one of the Petersons.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

maple flats

Sure like to come. I'll see if I can work it in. Might be Sat only but not even sure I can do that yet. By the way, is anyone planning to come to the NYS Woodsman's Field Days in Boonville, NY in Aug.? Not positive but I'll check, think it should be Aug 19, 20, 21. I will check to verify.
This show is real good. Has been every year for 50 some years. Trade show is big and the competition for lumberjacks is a real blast to watch. It draws jacks from all over, not just local.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Furby

Jeff

Both Friday and Saturday from 9:00 AM until 11:00AM

Ironwood

Maple Flats,

An old Army buddy of mine was one of the judges for the Boonville shindig. He was a cruiser up in the Crogan area. He's move to Colorado but I'll bet he was a site. BIG GUY, certainly must have been tough for him cruisin up in that area. I would like to get up there sometime. I used to teach at Camp Sagamore and the Bonnville thing was at the end of my long week and was just too much to say several more days. Love the Daks. REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Furby

That's the way I read it, just wasn't sure.
Thanks!

Mtnjack

Tammy cant miss that brownie since the Paul Bunyan one didnt hold me over till next year . Hope to see everyone there? WV hillbilly did you here that,brownies and sawmills, in the springtime too.Tammy i will be there both days so figure a double batch in case bibbyman and i are there togeather.Is anyone camping?Tom,Jeff,anyone i have some room in the motor cabin just e mail for a spot. see ya there  Mtn Jack Ps I dont live very far away if that might help anyone.

maple flats

Hey Reid, If your buddy was there in the last 15 years I most likely saw him. Been going since 1989. Great show. I used to sell outdoor furnaces ans 3 point winches, splitters, processors (small), chippers and log grapple loaders, wagons and had a booth there. Sold the business when the furnace mfgr. wouldn't stand behind there product as they should have. I did not want to sell a product that wasn't the best.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!