iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who is up for a Forestry Forum Booth at SAWLEX??

Started by Captain, May 05, 2005, 10:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga_Boy

For those that arrive Thursday, is there any interested in getting together and telling a few lies over cool and refreshing libations?    I hope to arrive in town around 9:00 PM.  Look forward to meet'n ya'll

I have reservations at the Best Western.  I tried a few other hotels first but were already booked for the weekend.

The room has two queen beds if anyone needs a place to stay.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Captain

Brownie and I will be there, but there will be a very low limit on libations on the eve of the shootout.   :D

maple flats

I sent in my reservation for ticket and seminar today by fax. I'll be there, hope to meet several of you  fellow FF members.  Ra Ra, going on a trip!! 8) 8) :D :) 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Wife

Well done captain 8). Everything looks cool....one concern, :'(whats the limit we can have on the eve of the shoot-out. Have we decided who is running the mill and who is actually ...running  yet :D
I look forward to meeting more of the FF members when I get there.
Chris
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Ga_Boy

Quote from: Captain on May 11, 2005, 06:58:38 AM
Brownie and I will be there, but there will be a very low limit on libations on the eve of the shootout.   :D

Craig,

You can be the designated sawyer; the rest of us can indulge. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Furby

That might just be funny!
The runners having a "few" the night before and pulling boards the next day! :D :D :D

DanG

No problem, long as ya don't drink what ya can't tote. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mike_Barcaskey

I'll be there Saturday. Sure like to shake a few hands
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jeff

I just got off from a phone conversation with the USDA communications liaison. She says they WILL be part of the forum's display providing info on the Emerald Ash Borer. They will have information with added regional guidelines depending on where you live, and personnel there to answer questions you may have on the insect, and any questions on movement and handling of firewood, logs and lumber  :)

Its a great thing having the USDA working right with the Forestry Forum. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paschale

Hey, that's very cool!  Helping to spread the good word.   :)

The more I read this thread, the more I realize that the main attraction at the Shootout is going to be the Forestry Forum booth!  I hope I can make the trip...

Thanks to all our sponsors for making this happen!

8) 8) 8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

oakiemac

Looks like I won't be able to make it. I had really hoped to see the shoot out this year but my niece is graduating from high school and I have other work obligations. :(
Maybe next year. Hope to see you all at the piggy roast.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

DR Buck

I am so glad I decided to go to this thing.    8)  Looks like eyeball to eyeball visits with a lot of FF members are in store.  Besides I haven't had a good brownie since the Richmond show last year.

Wife and I will be there for Friday and Saturday.  We are arriving Thursday evening, so count us in on any get together.   We have reservations at the Hampton Inn - Youngstown West.  Its about 7 miles from the show site.   Is there going to be a pre-arranged meeting spot Thursday evening?

Also after reading this entire thread, I noticed that NO ONE mentioned wearing Forestry Forum Hats[/color][/size][/u][/b]   :D

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Bro. Noble

DanG I wish I could go :(

Maybe our sponsers would like to have some literature at the FF booth.  Even if they have their own booth,  it would be nice to let people know who our sponsers are. 

DanG I wish I was going :( ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

DanG

Mighty nice of ya ta think of me, Noble. ;D :D  I sure wish ya could go, too.  Know what?  Ya CAN!  Just get in the truck and do it.  I been hedging on it myself, but I think I'll just bite the bullet and get there. 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

Noble,
Like DanG said....Just Do It!
Put those DanG cows on the auto milk feature! ;D

EZ

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Engineer

DanG.  I REALLY wanna go, but there just isn't any way to get there from here, if ya know what I mean.  I wonder if maybe I can be allowed to go as a Father's Day gift....   ???

Would be awesome to meet all youse folks.

Jon

crtreedude

Man,

I want to be there so bad - it would be a lot of fun. Oh well, perhaps after Harold moves down here we will make a trip up to the piggy roast and show off our tans.  ;D

I am so busy right now it is disgusting - and just brought on another person too.

I think it is Harold's fault... Got Hector thinking about selling wood now, so I don't get any peace. I thought I had about 4 to 5 years more before I had to really think about solar kilns, etc. Nope, got to do it this year.

Fred
So, how did I end up here anyway?

GareyD

Do you hafta pre-register..or..can ya just pay the $12 at the gate to get in???

I'll be there for both days...lookin' forward to meeting some of ya great folks...plus...

I'm gonna be bringing a couple of sir-prizes up with me  :) :) :)
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

EZ

I guess I should have said the non-smoking EZ's will be there.  ;D

Mtnjack

Hey i am goin to wear my ff hat, has not been off my head since paul buynun.Jeff i think i could use a new one as this one has been advertising since then. Thanks and see all of you guys and girls there..Mtn Jack

DanG

Couldn't seem to find the info anywhere else, so I called the show's promoter.  He say's you CAN register at the gate, so those who aren't sure yet can just show up without pre-registering. :) :)

WV_hillbilly

Where  is everyone  going to meet  on Thursday night  .  Mtn. Jack and I will be up there and wanted to know if anyone had any good ideas .   Who  is going to be camping and where are they staying cause we would like to get in the same camgrounds   .
Hillbilly

Stump Jumper

Chestnut Ridge Campground      8) is our camping spot
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Thank You Sponsors!