iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

572XP AutoTune

Started by will49766, January 23, 2023, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big_eddy

Quote from: will49766 on January 29, 2023, 03:59:07 PM
Success!!!

Thanks again for everyone's input on this.  You guys nailed it.  Bad fuel caused the carb to gum up.

I still need to do a reset cut, but it's now running great!

Thanks for the step by step directions as well Big Eddy.
Happy to have helped and that you're up and running again.

Smgchandler

Big i wanted to post just to make you feel better about your fuel.  I also purchased a new 572  About a year ago and saw performed perfect until few weeks ago.  Same symptoms as yours except i had not even finished the 3 cans of husky fuel !!   Saw is at dealer now getting fixed and the only difference i noticed was my primer bulb was very slow to return full when pressed so i know something was stopped up - assuming it is screen in carb.  It's either filter in tank or something breaking down prior to fuel reaching screen in carb because i assume carb screen is stopped up.  I will post again on this after i pick saw up and ask questions to dealer.  I didn't see a lot of post about new 572's giving problems.  Guess we were just lucky !!  I didn't have a problem with cleaning screen and replacing lines and filter but when a fella spends a grand for a saw - expects it to run problem free for years but i had a problem turning a screw on it with it still under warranty.  I have a dozen husky saws and some are 25 years old still running strong.  Am a fan of AT too so far and believe this is a filter break down problem and not AT problem.  I didn't see blue or orange on the fuel filter - maybe white ?  Hopefully that was the problem.

Log-it-up

Kinda off subject but I figured I start here since it's on the 572xp
Question: dose any know if the chain break handle crosses over with any thing else or is it model pacific 
 And has any one had any problem with the sight on the fuel tank leaking and suggestions how to fix it 

Spike60

Other than the 565, the answer is no. Are they still on backorder? They were on backorder back in December. 
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Log-it-up

So there the same as the 565?

Log-it-up

Another question for the saw guru's I'm the forum
I'm have a problem throwing chains when I limbing in heavy brush I tried different things with bars and chains from cheap to fairly expensive
Right now I'm using Husqvarna chain .50 3/8 84 drivers and a Oregon power cut bar and the same problem with it all at least once a day it will throw a chain most of the time I can salvage it in the field but some time I have to change them out do too driver damage I put on new bar ,basically brand new chain and drive sprocket on this morning and it happened again 
I find it sometime difficult to tighten the chain properly on my Husqvarna saw that I have (562,572) it seems like when I tighten the bar it gets bango tight so I have to compensate for that when tightening is this normal I guess it's kinda a two part question
I'm not green at cutting and felling but this kinda puts a damper in the day when I constantly putting a chain back on the side

mudfarmer

Can't help but have had the same trouble with 572 when limbing/lopping, keeping an eye on this for sure. Mostly have gone back to limbing w/ 346 just to avoid throwing the 572 chain.

rusticretreater

It sounds like you have a problem with the bearing or the clutch.  As things turn, they wobble and get loose again.  You need to take it apart all the way down to the shaft.  Inspect and replace parts as necessary or just because. Lubricate that bearing.  

Check your sprocket to make sure that you have the right one.  There are a thousand variations of sprockets and they are really similar in size.

One other thing, how far back in the slots are your adjusting/mounting bolts when you tighten up the chain? If you are nearing the end of the travel, your chain has stretched significantly and should be replaced.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

barbender

I've always had to run my chain tighter than I like when in brush. The longer the bar, the harder it will be to keep it from happening. Brush makes harvesters throw chains too🤷
Too many irons in the fire

donbj

One thing I found very helpful when cutting brush is to "attack" it at 90 degrees. Try to avoid coming down at an angle at it. If the brush is at an angle to the chain it literally gets forced into the chain as its pulled down the bar/chain and can be forced under it, throwing it off. Try it out, I think you'll notice quite a difference. Keep chain tight.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

mudfarmer

Mine has done this since the first tree it ever cut, did seem to be better when running chain uncomfortably tight. Will do some more limbing with it this week and run uncomfortably tighter as well as pay attention to angle, see how it goes 👍 have not had the same issue really with the small saw but such is life. Maybe because of the shorter bar I am accidentally keeping closer to 90. Then again running 20 on the 60cc as well with better results...

Log-it-up

Thank for the responses, it's nice to know other people are having the same problem I wish there was a better fix than slowing down instead of bull and jamming this mostly happens when I gather or pull a hitch of hardwood out a hole and its all kinda bundled together, it usually happens on the red maple or beech 
I'll check out the bearings on the clutch end of things, I would say the chains still have plenty of life there's still a lot of adjustment left 
I have been tighten the chain more than I would like but I feel I'm burning up the sprocket on the bars 

mudfarmer

For me it has been while lopping ash tops. But I have not had the saw that long and have only cut ash, sugar maple and cherry with it so far.

With the little saw I just go at it hacking and slashing like it is a horror movie audition. Long day of cutting with 572 yesterday and no problems! Running chain pretty darn tight and tried to stay conscious of angle of attack... Will see how it does today waiting on equipment to warm up

will49766

I just wanted to let everyone know that my 572XPG is working like a top since I cleaned the carb.  It winds right out now.  I have enjoyed reading the further discussion on throwing chains.  When I bought my saw it came with a .058 gage bar and chain.  They are now packed away new for future use as needed.  I really wanted a .050 gage bar and chain because it seems like this gage replacement chain is more readily available... So I bought the Oregon PowerCut .050 bar with the matching DuraCut DPX chain and haven't had any problems.  I like how long the chain stays sharp as well.  I really enjoy using this saw.  

Smgchandler  I had noticed my primer bulb was also slow to return as well before I cleaned the carb... Keep us posted on your issue.  It will be interesting to see what they find. More than likely its the same issue.  It's a fairly easy fix to do yourself if you don't want to wait for the dealer.  
Will Houghmaster

Thank You Sponsors!