iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with a dig pattern.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2023, 04:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

1.31"  of rain thursday raised the pond 4"  not as much as I was hoping for, but it was so so dry and everything wanted that water before it got to the pond this time.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

I remember you showing pics driving a well point at a cabin.  Is it this area and can you do that to get the volume up.  then you are just depending on the rain to keep it up.  an old windmill would add to your pristine county life there.  IMO.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Absolutely negatory on that here. My property a mile down the road was totally different than this. To get to the water below the clay here, you have to go through limestone.down there, it is sand and stone, and the water table high. That being said, a well would be great, but not achievable. 

SwampDonkey

Well, you've had quite a summer up there scratching around. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Cedar and I have been working on expanding the pond here in the U.P. The digging was finished a couple weeks ago, but here in the far Eastern U.P. we have had a serious lack of rain this summer. There were times I would dig 7 feet deep and not see moisture

We got our first significant rain event a few days ago, and I was crazy anxious to see how much our pond level guage goes up I created in an earlier video. It is raining hard again as I type this and I hope we gain some more depth

How much Rain does it take to fill a Pond? - YouTube

Don P

Grab a few pics of the upper roof transition there... I suspect a missing flashing.

I think Mucca just met his first bear  :).

Jeff

It aint never leaked that bad! We had some heavy winds right out of the south. This morning, a good hard rain, not a drip. Ill get up over the edge and snap a shot when it quits raining. 

SwampDonkey

And last year you were floating in water. The corn thought it was a rice patty. :D Been no shortage here for sure.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

do you know what the sq. footage of the pond id.  you can figure how many feet would have to drain into 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

So far we have had about .82 inches since midnight. I extrapolate from the last datta that the pond should of come up at least 2 more inches, but this time the soil is not as dry, so I may see a slight increase in runoff.

@Don P Tammy told me I am not to climb on that roof, (Gawd, it's about flat) until she is here, but in her wisdom she said I could go upstairs and take pics from her sewing room window. Took some practice to get it pointed right.;)

barbender

That is not the correct flashing for that Jeff. The right flashing should extend about 6" up behind the siding, and at least 6" out on to the roofing. Then there is a foam seal that goes underneath the flashing to seal it from backsplash. 
Too many irons in the fire

Don P

Yes, that looks far safer than being right side up out there  :D.

Yup to what barbender said, there's always something else for the list. Caulk it with polybutylene for now, it'll fail but buys you some time.

JD Guy

Quote from: barbender on August 23, 2023, 01:18:40 PM
That is not the correct flashing for that Jeff. The right flashing should extend about 6" up behind the siding, and at least 6" out on to the roofing. Then there is a foam seal that goes underneath the flashing to seal it from backsplash.
Yep, agree with Barbender. What is there looks to be more like a drip cap and not proper flashing. Good that you're finding the problem so it can be remedied or there would be bigger problems down the road smiley_clapping

Jeff

Chiapond! I'm not getting pond filling rain like all around me, but I'm getting great growing rain for my around the pond starter vegetation.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

1.7" of rain raised the ponds another ten inches. Only about 4" on the old side, and about 2' on the new side to join up.

Nebraska

Dry weather has my pond down about 6 inches..

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Jeff

Oh! I forgot. This past week I got up there on that porch roof with a hammer and a broom. A pair of scissors and 3 rolls of 8" wide, 5' long of Flexseal tape. 1.7 inches of driving rain and not a drip. That flex seal even rolled and sealed into and along the roofing corrugation.

Jeff

Nebraska

Suprised you could fly that drone so high, since you had all that cloak and dagger stuff going on next door..... :)

Jeff

doc henderson

looks like s golf course with lots of trees.

Ljohnsaw

Miniature golf with the color of the ponds! ;) :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!