iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Open house in Mt. Vernon, MO. May 14,05

Started by Bibbyman, March 31, 2005, 02:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

There will be an open house again this year at the Mt. Vernon, Mo. Service center. 

People interested in seeing all the Wood-Mizer mobil mills demos are invited. 

There will be about a 50/50 mix of Wood-Mizer owners and people looking at mills.  Good time to ask questions of the Wood-Mizer experts and owners.

Mt. Vernon, MO. is about 40 miles west of Springfield, MO. on I44.

Lunch will be served.   Wood-Mizer would like to hear from you if you plan to attend so they can plan, etc.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ToddC

Can I go even though I don't own a woodmizer? Do you think they will have a edger there this year to demonstrate?

ARKANSAWYER

I do hope to be there.  I sure need a break (not a leg prefered).
  Yes you can come no matter what kind of mill you own or lust after.  It may change your mind.  We mostly have a good time getting together and visit a spell.   It is a good place to "network" and "do lunch" like the big city business people do.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bro. Noble

I won't be able to take off, but anyone that's attending and passing through my neighborhood would sure be welcome to stop by. ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Bibbyman

Quote from: ToddC on April 03, 2005, 09:23:03 PM
Can I go even though I don't own a woodmizer? Do you think they will have a edger there this year to demonstrate?

I can't remeber an open house when they didn't demo an edger.  Come on down!

They will probably have their orange version of the LogRite cant hooks there too.  Be a good chance to look one over and try one out  - if you've not seen one before.

Maybe Arky will bring his Big A.S.S. along. ;D
Sawing since '94

RMay

I am planing on being there , my number one side kick Sam has got to work on his regular job that day  ::) Arky hows that leg doing
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

I just got a note back from Will Baugh at the Wood-Mizer Mt. Vernon, MO location. 

He says he has the LogRite cant hooks (the three WM versions) in stock. 

I would assume some or all of the other WM locations would have some also. 

So if you were interested in looking  ::) at one before you buy,  it makes it more convenient to come by and check it out.

Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Has anyone received an invitation from Wood-Mizer on the open house in Mt. Vernon?? 

I've not got one and I've talked to a couple of WM owners in the area who have not received one either. 

Unless something comes up,  me and Pro Sawyer Mary will be there this Saturday!

P.S.  Don't let the lack of an invation keep you from dropping in.  Come on down!
Sawing since '94

MULE_MAN

I haven't received anything in the mail yet !!  But I plan on being
there this Saturday .
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Bibbyman

Well,  attendance was below last years but it was storming all through the night and looked as thought it was going to rain – at least through the morning. 

But!  Ol' Mother Nature gave us a pleasant day after all.  Most of the "Usual Suspects" showed up early.  I think the first 5-6 people there were Forum members.

Here are RMay, Arky (with LBJ), Tom, and Mule-Man.  Tom is trying out Mule-Man's new Arky A.S.S. model LogRite cant hook.

Here is Greg Bear of Wood-Mizer makin' Arky set in the corner for makin' too much trouble.

Here is Greg - the new blade guy - demoing the blade setter.  They have doubled the number of grinders and setters in the past year.  All the new LT300s in the area are really sending them the blades.

Will Baugh - manager of the Mt. Vernon service center and Greg Bear demo a manual LT40 with the hydraulic loader option.

Arky did find a new neighbor there.  This minister was looking at mills and ended up winning the $500 purchase of accessories to a new mill grand prize.  The lord was looking out for him today! 
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

I hi jacked Bibbys thread on the Open House and moved up so more people can find it.   I did not take any pictures but had a good time after I got out of the corner.  ::)  If it weren't for the fact that Bear feller was so big and worked for the WM home office I would just box his ears once.   :o  Naw! not really,  He is a nice feller for a Yankee who sounds southern.   Tom was a rolling that log around with the A. S. S. untill Will made us stop.  Since Will does not have a A. S. S. he could not but the log back after we got done playing with it.  :D  :D  :D
  RMAY tried to sneak into the ARKY compound on his way up to pick through my lumber piles but like Furby he too got lost and no one knew anything about me.  I told him to next time tell them he owed me money and since I owed them some they would bring them to the house. ;)
  Them of you who did not come missed out on a good party on WM's coin.  Pert near sold all the mills and did not have any to play with.
ARKANSAWYER

Furby

Hey now, I didn't get lost! I knew where I was every single minute!
Just didn't know where I was heading! :D :D :D

Rockn H

That's right Furby I never get lost either.  I know exactly where I am.  I'm in the front seat of the truck.  Sometimes there is a question of where the truck is though. ::) ;D
Arky or Bibby, when and where was this open house? I'm a little behind I guess.

MULE_MAN

Rockn H

The Open house was at the Mount Vernon Missouri  Branch Office
Will & the rest of the Wood-Mizer guys are VERY helpful group
of guys. I really enjoy myself there. Got to meet LBJ  & I think ARKY
was there too  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

ARKANSAWYER

Rockn H  If you go down to "Outdoor Activities" and look in "Shows, Events and Places to meet" there are a list of stuff going on and who plans on going.  It takes me about 3 hours to drive up there and takes me 5 hours to drive down to deer camp just south of Monticello.  But you missed a good party.
  I did like the little CAT on top of the LT40HD.  It was of simple design and looked like pretty easy to get to everything if you needed to work on it.  It comes with a pretty good warrenty on the engine.
  LBJ got lots of pizza and loving from Pro Sawyer Mary's short sidekick Brook.  I got to hear the story about the black snake with red and yellow racing stripes that the hounds treed on the front porch of the house.
from her.
  It is nice to have a face to face with people you are doing business with as it becomes personal.  The added equipment has really speeded up the turn around time of blades going into re-sharp.
ARKANSAWYER

Rockn H

Thanks for the comeback everyone.  I keep forgettin about that category, so many events are to far for me to make, I miss the close ones. ::)  Actually Mt Vernon and Newnan Ga are the same time wise for me.  Arkansawyer, It's a small world.  You probably hunt with a few people I know.

RMay

Here is come more pic. of the open house , it was a good show . I got some pic. of some bench's & tables maybe Arky or Bibby remembers the mans     name 

RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!