iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cemet ? Anybody knows these ? Tree farmer.

Started by Satamax, August 09, 2023, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Hi everybody. 

Well, i just learned that the French brand Cemet, agrip, is  rebadged tree farmers. 

There was a cool looking one, on the website called leboncoin, few days back. A Cemet sm 348. Which is supposedly a  C6D, with a deutz six cylinder. 

Was quite cheap, from a guy taking the plunge. I was keen, tho, not near me. 

I was keen. But i stayed sensible. 

It looked like this one, may be a smidge shorter. With a gearmatic 19 winch. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Southside

Very interesting.  Franklin and Tree Farmer machines were assembled about an hour east of here, in the town of Franklin, Virginia. I have been to the museum that is there, they have the very first machine they made inside and have lists and lists of where they sold machines.  As of a bit over a year ago the building that the machines were made in still had "stuff" inside of it as nothing is being done there.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

timbco68

What was the story why Franklin/ Tree Farmer went out of business? I thought they had some decent machines. We had a 511 Hydro Ax with Franklin axles and they seemed like they stood up well.

SwampDonkey

We had a Can Car Tree Farmer here in the 70's and sold it around 1996. Was gas engine, always started well. Was stick steer. The winch needed some work as I recall. But it was second hand when we got it, was at least 30 years old when we sold it. Built in the 60's. I think dad got it in 73. It pulled wood, trucks and tractors. :D  Made in Fort William (near Thunder Bay), Ontario actually. The Tree Farmer was originally a West Coast skidder introduced by Dwight Garrett in Enumclaw Washington in 1958.

Exactly like this one. But ours was gas.

YouTube is not currently available on this device. - YouTube
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Satamax

Thanks a lot guys!

I don't really need one. I could get the few trees i have to, with the brimont. Onto which i am planning to attach a winch. But, i sure do have the itch to buy one like the one showed above.

Actually the one for sale looked much like this one. Short machine. 

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Thank You Sponsors!