iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cube Steaks

Started by 21incher, August 25, 2023, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

We love cube steaks but the price is ridiculous lately.  Decided to buy a simple tenderizer and make our own, Started with a pork loin and boy were they good. Cooked with onions and a little A1 sauce they almost taste like beef. Here's a video of how this gizmo worked. Beef and chicken next.
Making And Cooking Pork Cube Steaks With Fresh Picked Veggies - YouTube
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WV Sawmiller

My cuber looks identical to that. I bought it from Cabelas 8-10 years ago for $100 and it simple to assemble and use. We eat a lot of deer meat and I cube all the steaks off the hams and such with this. We flour and fry them and serve with rice and gravy and any that are left over make great steak sandwiches too.

Just be real careful when cleaning that cutter head and use plenty of hot water, elbow grease and a flexible brush to get all those little pieces of meat out of the cutters so they don't contaminate a future batch of meat.

We have not used it on pork but that sure looked good. I trust you will get many happy years of use out of it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

21incher

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on August 25, 2023, 09:52:51 AM
  My cuber looks identical to that. I bought it from Cabelas 8-10 years ago for $100 and it simple to assemble and use. We eat a lot of deer meat and I cube all the steaks off the hams and such with this. We flour and fry them and serve with rice and gravy and any that are left over make great steak sandwiches too.

Just be real careful when cleaning that cutter head and use plenty of hot water, elbow grease and a flexible brush to get all those little pieces of meat out of the cutters so they don't contaminate a future batch of meat.

We have not used it on pork but that sure looked good. I trust you will get many happy years of use out of it.
It's probably the same because Weston makes many Cabelas products. $74 bucks on Amazon now. My wife is breading some up tonight to make poor man's schnitzel.  Amazing how  good it works.  Pork cooked with  onions and a little A1 sauce tastes like beef to me.

We soaked it good in hot water and Dawn that seemed to get everything off. My wife is happy because it doesn't have a plug  :D.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WV Sawmiller

I love pork loin and we catch them on sale at ridiculous prices sometimes and buy 3-4 and break them out for special occasions or guests or such. We usually cook them on the the rotisserie then eat sandwiches and make fried rice out of the leftovers. Or we will cut them into steaks and they are great fried. I disagree they taste like beef - they are much better. And there is no waste on them either, just pure boneless meat.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

21incher

Breaded tonight and they were amazing.  So juicy and tender.  digin_2  Definitely better then some cuts of beef.

Thank You Sponsors!