iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Checking in.

Started by Patrick NC, August 30, 2023, 06:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick NC

Well it's been awhile so I thought I'd drop in and give everyone an update. I sold my mill to my brother in law and bought a skidsteer.  Then I sold my mini excavator and bought a new work truck.  It all kinda snowballed from there and now I've started a full time grading and excavation company.  Renting the bigger equipment and using my skidsteer when needed. 

I've got 3 months worth of lot clearing jobs right now and more coming in all the time. It's been a big step venturing out on my own,  but it was time.  Hopefully it's the beginning of something good. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

SawyerTed

Sounds like you made the right move!  Hard work is paying off!  Good to hear from you!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Patrick NC

I almost forgot the new work truck!

Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Magicman

It's good to hear from you and I wish you the best with your new venture.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Looks to me like you may be able to supply your BIL with logs in the process. Good luck and keep us posted.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

moodnacreek

Wow, a regular cab, that's what I like.  I wish you had your business near here so I could get logs from you as i think you would know how to cut them unlike most excavator guys.

Southside

Terrific news, glad to hear from you! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Nebraska

Good news.....you know you could have your own "playing in the dirt thread".  

:) Looks like things are going well.

Walnut Beast

Congratulations on your new venture! Nice truck

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andries

Some get a 'gift with purchase' when they buy a new truck.
Southside might get a tube of sunscreen and Barbender might get a discreet new sombrero.
Patrick - best of luck on the new venture. Please keep posting as plenty of us play in the dirt, some intentional, some not.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Bruno of NH

Glad to hear from you and all is going well with your new venture. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

hedgerow

Patrick Good to here from you. Glad to here the new venture is going well. Take care and stay safe. 

scsmith42

Best of success to you Patrick in your new venture.

One of these days I need to head your way and meet up for lunch or something.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!