iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodroe

9" snow so far.
 No end to it in sight. Heavier than the last batch but
the Pine trees are shedding it so that's a good thing. 
Spruce and fir not so much. 
Back to snowmobiling and skiing. ffcheesy
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

Not much to it here yet, just scattered flurries, nothing on the ground.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Looks like going to all rain here and overnight in the upper 30's. The snow is mostly on the east coast of the province. Mostly rain tomorrow.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Quote from: cutterboy on April 04, 2024, 07:06:56 AMThe weather service says winds of 26-31mph with gusts up to 60mph! The snow isn't mounting up, it's just blowing by. I don't think it's going to hit the ground till it gets to Maine. ffcheesy 
I believe it!!!!
I missed the news. No idea how much we got. The wind is blowing it around some. Maybe 8 inches?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Still nothing for snow, windy at 15 mph here, a light mist for rain. Didn't loose power, yet. Doesn't take much sometimes with trees growing up into the wires around here.  smiley_thumbsdown So far we've gotten off lucky.  36°F

woodroe

Somewhere north of a foot so far and a couple more inches of snow to come.
No loss of power here but it has turned wetter so its sticking to the Pines now.
Digging out should be fun . 

SwampDonkey

I am seeing a few big flakes mixing in here, nothing is sticky around much so far.

PJS

Wednesday Morning - 

Friday Morning - 

Heavy and Wet. Lots of snapped off trees... killed the wife's favourite big maple up behind the garden... we needed moisture but oi vey!

Peter Drouin

Just got my power back on. Went off last night around 5 pm.
12+" so wet the snow is blue and hard to move. I have a bunch of trees to cut out of the road too just to get to the mill.
All fun. But, I would not want to live anywhere else. NH is the best. Live free or die.
 ffcheesy
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

Hasn't done much here since 10:00 am, but I see something coming over the hills. Weather report says just showers and flurries for the duration. Never amounted to beans so far.  :sunny: :thumbsup:

thecfarm

Woodroe, Leeds got hit hard with down trees. Auburn had ice after the snow and brought down lines and poles.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodroe

We missed all that crud , thankfully.  Wound up with 14" in the end.
Had a terrible time moving it. Snowblower wanted to ride up a few inches.
But its all melting fast so no big deal. 
Lots of folks lost their power though.

thecfarm

I had the same problem with my rear mounted one too. But, I do have it tipped back so it would not dig into the dirt driveway too. I would think that had a lot to do with it too. Hard to move the snow with equipment when the ground is not frozen.

SwampDonkey

Squeaked by here with pretty much nothing for snow, at least it didn't add anything to the snow pile. Old snow was actually melting as well. By Monday afternoon with a full day of sun it's suppose to be in the high 50's here. First 50+ since the end of March. Not staying that warm for very long. Back to the 40's the next day and maybe bumping 50° the end of the week then 40's. Looks like 2-3 days of showers coming by Thursday next. Gradually warming each week, I'm seeing highs of 40's and 50's after this week instead of the 30's. Sunday is suppose to be near 50°, but not quite, peeks of sun.  :sunny: No wind here this morning, 32°F. Suppose to be near 40°F this afternoon. Peepers will soon be out.  :thumbsup:  I'm seeing some aspen flowers coming out now, not long streamers yet.

Old Greenhorn

Back into gloomy days here. Solid overcast since Tuesday. This morning the temp dropped from 39 to 34 in just 20 minutes. a little sprinkle came with it. High yesterday was 43 for about ten minutes. ffcheesy Gonna be solid overcast all day I suppose. Last night we got some pretty good wind still. Yesterday I was out cutting in a stiff wind but 1/2 mile away there was almost none. Weird. There was also and Earthquake in NNJ while I was cutting. a pretty big one for them (#3 of all time I think) and lots of folks around here clearly felt it, plus the aftershock 3 hours later.  I didn't feel a thing out in the woods.
 High for today only 46. Tomorrow maybe we get sun.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

No sun AGAIN today.  smiley_thumbsdown   
Snowed just about enough to cover the ground. All day snow-rain showers.
32° and should get up to 40 today.
Monday looks to be a warm day and sun!!!!

doc henderson

gradual warming and 60o as I type.  too windy to burn yesterday.  blowing our cold weather to the north at 10 to 20 mph yesterday.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

GRANITEstateMP

We got hit with rain, ice, sleet, snow. Started Wed night, Thurs early am we lost power then it came back long enough for me to get ready and head to work

I got my driveway done and 2 neighbors, small stuff falling all around, new getting to work wad gonna be an adventure. Went to drop my boy at the farm and found my first challenge

I had a saw with me so cut it and pushed the junk out of the way.  2 more issues heading into work, but made it safe.  Still no power Sat at 4pm, but we did get internet back, so that is something

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

SwampDonkey

Looks like heavy wet stuff for sure.

Had a snow/rain squall pass by not long ago. We was lucky this round. Got to 38°F.

doc henderson

granite, it sounds like you work for the USPS.   ffcheesy   heavy rain interrupted my work today.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

GRANITEstateMP

Doc,

Can't be using them sick days for just a little snow and ice event!  Got to save them for special occasions
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

thecfarm

The eves to the house dripped all day.
At least the snow storms are heading in the right directions for amounts. Snow was really all gone here. 
Than a foot and a half came, that was almost gone, then we got 8-10 inches, so maybe the next one will be 6 inches.

Wlmedley

Just now getting cleaned up around here.Two tornadoes touched down in my county and one was about 5 miles away.Trees down everywhere and my neighbor and I had to cut a big Sycamore out of the road to get out of the hollow.Tornadoes are mostly unheard of around here and I didn't even know we had a warning siren until I heard it Tuesday.Pretty scary and I hope it doesn't become more common.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter,Honda Pioneer 700,Kabota 1700

SwampDonkey

We get a tornado every once in awhile in summer in random spots. Most of the time it's high winds off thunderstorms. Up north of here is more elevated and big cleared fields on hill tops, hardly a tree in site. Houses on rural roads across those hills. They get lots of those high winds. It's windy enough around here, but we never cleared off all the tree groves, yet. They are working on it though, any elevated maple ground that is relatively flat is target for potato fields around here. Hard to find good thinning left on private land, mostly aspen, swamp land, blowdown or steep hills left once everything else is cleared to make a field. Not ground sought for clearing saw work. :D

SwampDonkey

30°F with a light breeze, overcast. Won't clear until tonight, but might get some glimpses of sun today. Predicted high near 48°F today.

Saw a gobbler with two hens Friday morning. 30 geese that day to. Saw turkey tracks up by the woodlot on the dirt road Saturday.  Saw lots of ducks yesterday on ponds. Those mallard drakes still hanging around on the beaver pond.  Almost more ducks than pond space. :D

Thank You Sponsors!