Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I might see the sun at noon time!!!
At least it's not raining out!!!
Maybe 46° today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

34°F here, but in the 20's in other places nearby. Clear as a bell with stars. Could hit 60°F for the first time in 2024. Took a couple days off because of the weather which turned out to be insignificant, we will resume work on the shop today.  ffcool
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

GRANITEstateMP

We almost hit 50 yesterday. Made a lot of mud, and watched the snow pack fade away.  Got power back around 5pm, almost 4 days from this storm.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

thecfarm

Good luck with the shop!!!
Maybe 60 today here too. Full sun too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Field has some bare spots, I would think the snow will be gone by the time I get home tonight.
Mosher pond is about half out.
Eclipse today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

A great day for an ellipse!!!
Not hardly a cloud in the sky.
I saw 60 a few times driving around.
I enjoyed watching the ellipse. Got a little dark, like dusk, it was different.
Shadows too.
 I won't see another one.

SwampDonkey

Yep, a cool short moment.  :thumbsup: We got to 58°F here. When the eclipse happened at 100 %, and then the sun reappeared I noticed the temp dropped 4 degrees. It was late afternoon and the temp never recovered that late in the day.  ffsmiley We had a cool north breeze as well, and man was that some real dry air yesterday, down in the teens.

30°F this morning, stars. Another clear day on tap.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

32° and looks to be sunny again today. I better enjoy it, because the next 4-5 days looks cloudy.
I would hate to see the sun more than 3 days in a row.  :wacky:

woodroe

Melted some snow yesterday, put the snowmobile away, again. 
Ticks are back with open ground showing, picked off 3 crawling and 2 dug in
on the dog yesterday. Shaping up to be a rough season for ticks.
But a couple days of warm and sun is welcome .
Started the wood fire season with a new box of 250 wooden matches, down to about 50.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Another warm sunny day.
Life is good!!!!!
Ice out on Mosher pond this afternoon sometime. There was still ice on it at about 3. I came home at 5:30 and the ice is gone.

SwampDonkey

Yesterday was much cooler, got to 46°F in the afternoon. The north wind was cool on the porch.

Stars again this morning. 30°F now and late day showers coming with highs in the mid 50's. 3 days of rain ahead.  smiley_thumbsdown

Got a bonfire to light up.

WhitePineJunky

Ticks are out here as well, none on my land thanks to the fire! But went to neighbours and their land never burned, had a bunch of tiny ones you could hardly see, ones that usually get you 

Freedy201

This week keeps getting better, my day was full of sunshine (except for the eclipse day) and the mood was up, gotta love to be alive in such wheater

Old Greenhorn

Well yesterday was just a perfect day, maybe a tad warm, it hit 70°. I took the blankets off the smaller shop garage door and opened it up (warmer outside then in for a change). Around 4pm I copped an attitude and opened up a chair and sat it the sun and thought about 'stuff'. That led to getting  a beer and the end of the work day. ffcheesy
 Today the forecast was for .02" of rain spread through the day and I still have logs to get in, so I figured I would work through the drizzle. Pretty good canopy where I am cutting, even without leaves. SO I unloaded my trailer, hooked up and dragged it down to the area and staged it. I brought a rain jacket and went down to clear some trail while it was drizzling, but then it changed to 'RAIN', so I hung out for a while and bagged it. I came home and painted the inside of my trailer in dim light. :wink_2: (looks better that way.) Just had lunch and we are approaching .25" of rain, about ten times the forecast. Wonder what the heavy rain will look like in a day or so.
 Guess I'll get back to it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

beenthere

Quote from: Freedy201 on April 10, 2024, 11:33:36 AMThis week keeps getting better, my day was full of sunshine (except for the eclipse day) and the mood was up, gotta love to be alive in such wheater
Good mood is always good.  ffcool ffcool ffcheesy
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Hate to, umm, douse a good mood, but 3 or 4 days of wet starting tonight.  Was a nice day though, 54°F was the high around here. 

Only thing we have this time of year is house flies on the siding of the house and some Asian lady beetles around, but today the beetles weren't around. Nothing bites here until the end of May.   ffwave

SwampDonkey

38°F and showers for today it seems. Suppose to get into the mid 40's here.  Looks like heavy rain tomorrow and pretty significant rain Saturday. When it rains it pours.  ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy

thecfarm

38° here too and rain all day. Looks the same for the next day too. Then showers on Sat.

SwampDonkey

Well one bright  :sunny: thing at the end of the rain tunnel is the electrician is coming over today to see what is required to wire up the shop.  ffcool

Wlmedley

Just went off the hill to put my trash in the bin and we have some major flooding going on.Drove on down to the mouth of the hollow to check on the main creek and I'm afraid some of the people down there are getting water in their houses.Didn't hang around long down there as water is lapping the bottom of the bridge which is normally about 20 feet above the creek.Still raining,hope everyone is ok.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter,Honda Pioneer 700,Kabota 1700

thecfarm

Yesterday it "rained" just enough to keep things wet.
But today looks like it will rain steady.
40° here this morning.

Peter Drouin

40 here and rain. I'm happy I have a roof over the mill.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

44°F here and just a fog/mist and wind so far. Suppose to get heavy rain at some point. Never know with these things.  ffcheesy

Mid 50's today, suppose to hit 60°F tomorrow.

21incher

Another inch of rain coming today  and tonight.  Seems like mud season will never end  :veryangry:. High winds and getting cold again this afternoon. Starting to see buds on the trees. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Old Greenhorn

61° at 6am this morning! I thought the thermometer broke, but no. Wednesday we got .27" of rain, Thursday we got .68" and today we have .41 so far. Temp has been rising since midnight, weird.
 We are expecting some 40mph wind gusts today with increasing rain and thunder in the middle of the day.
 3 days i a row I am kept out of the woods.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Well, every time I look at updates for predicted rain it puts it further away in time. So much for heavy rain, looks like a fizzle so far.  ffcheesy ffcheesy Just a fog or mist here so far.

50°F here now.

Thank You Sponsors!