iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Organizing Photos in the Forestry Forum.

Started by doc henderson, January 14, 2024, 12:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

Made you look.  I may have made you think I have the answers.  I thought I could plow through and learn as I go, but I want to do it right the first time.  some of you are very organized.  I have to search and search as I now have many photos.  any instruction to save me time and frustration?  this is not a do as you go, but a go "back and make folders" so I can find stuff in groups.  or do you label each pic and search for that?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

To be blunt, I wouldnt bother. As I mentioned in the weird forum topic, the gallery as you have all known it will not exist after all the upcoming updates and changes.  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

OK.  that would have been my next question.  Is there a way to load those photos on a flash drive to add back later, or will it just be different.  trying to plan ahead.  If these are unknowns, I understand.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ianab

I think the plan is to keep the existing photo files, so all the currently embedded images stay as they are. That means you could pick up a link from an old post, and use that to display an older image in a new post. It's the separate "Gallery" software that is currently used that will be retired, and replaced with a more modern system that works inside the forum software. Any new pictures will go into that.

Doesn't solve the issue of finding old images, but all the old ones are still in place.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!