iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2000 woodmizer 40LT super or 2008 Timber King B20 ?

Started by Wingding, February 03, 2024, 09:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingding

I recently bought a 2000 woodmizer on a  online  Auction  and had the Auctioneer called me and asked if I want to sell it to a gentleman actually at the auction......?  Well I was suppose to name my price and I explained better for him to give me a one time price.. and it will be yes or no depending if I can find something else... Now I have a thread a bit farther down on the 2000 with photos, .. 2000 40 LT Super with Command center..Laser...37 HP Nissan... 1767 hours on it... The Timber King B20 is a 2008.. Im getting more information now but  with the saw mill is a  auto bench sharpener 3 different cams plus two tooth bench setter and Xtra blades for about the same price as i paid.... NOW ..really hoping there are those out there that know the Timber King 20b AND Woodmizer 40LT Super with command center... and would share their experiences and  Which way they would go.... Now I undertand the engine and the HP and hours will play heavily and wear and tear.... But overall which saw mill can do more.... easier if both are in fairly the same shape?
There You Go Man-Keep as Cool as you Can-Face Piles of Trials  with Smiles- It riles them to believe you preceive the web they weave-Keep on thinking Free...

Magicman

I will not step into this one because I have absolutely no TK experience but I will ask; are you contemplating selling because you want to sell or because someone else wants to buy?  Big difference.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red

I am 5ft 8in tall and the Woodmizer is much easier for me to work around . . the height of the Timber King B20 was slightly higher and awkward 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

SawyerTed

You own the LT 40?  Somebody wants you to sell it and buy a B20?   

A bird in the hand...

Keep the LT40.   I prefer the cantilever 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Wingding

MagicMan,
                      Because someone else wants to buy and maybe I can find something else equal or better..Maybe a LT 50 super or                                          something else...
                      If the Gentleman wants to buy it for a few more $ then I paid for it and I can find something even more equipped or newer for                        what I get for it..Might be worth looking into.. But Again..First time owner..Might be the best deal Im going to get and stay                            put.Just that Timber King looked...BEEFY!  Strong looking unit put together... BUT unless someone has worked with it AND a                          Woodmizer 40LT super... Would not know which unit is a better all round saw mill... OH..2000 hours on the Timber King.and                            37 HP Kohler... just found out.. so pretty close on the hours...
There You Go Man-Keep as Cool as you Can-Face Piles of Trials  with Smiles- It riles them to believe you preceive the web they weave-Keep on thinking Free...

Wingding

SawyerTed
                        I just got the woodmizer in a online Auction... Have not even seen it yet... After the Auctioneer called me and asked for someone Present at the Auction if I would sell it to him.... Caught me by surprise so Ive been thinking since im a first time owner and know
absolutely nothing except what Ive read... Maybe I can do a little better or maybe I did well enough.  The Timber King 20b is just maybe a saw mill I can jump to if I sell the woodmizer... But do I really want to???That is the question... Might be the woodmizer 2000 is still way better overall then the 2008 Timber King20b.. Thats why Im asking .. Someone will know the difference and so far im getting some feedback on preference already..and why... Good Stuff!

Magicman

As you can see in my profile below, this is my 22nd year running a 1998 LT40 SuperHydraulic.  Someone would have to pry my dead cold hands............ ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

I'm not a speculator by nature.  Auctioneers, well, speculation is part of their business.  Maybe the auctioneer should sell the B20 to the other guy. The LT40 in its various models is the biggest selling hydraulic portable mill for a reason. 

Other than a twisted frame or catastrophic damage to the head, the LT 40 parts are around to restore it as needed.

It's just me.  I'd stick with the LT40.  A friend had a B20 and sawed a lot of lumber on it so I'm sure it's a fine machine. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Nebraska

FWIW I get along fine with my 1995 B16.  Both machines will do a good job and have good support.  The B16 is a shorter length version of a B20.

ladylake

Over 18000 hours on my B20 and it doesn't break down very often.  All hydraulic except the head up down and thats what I have the most trouble with.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!