iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kubota

Started by weimedog, May 14, 2024, 01:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

Switching things up in life, moving away from live stock & hay, moving towards firewood & chainsaw as a hobby again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5XHnNyiqv8
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

B.C.C. Lapp

We got the same thing going on. Or close to it anyways.  I'm not milking cows nor selling hogs any more. I sold half my farm to my daughter and I'm concentrating most of my time on my firewood business.   Still doing a little logging but that's mainly to get the very cheap firewood poles. 

Ive already noticed several times the firewood don't need fed or mucked out, it never seems to get out of the wood lot and get where it ain't supposed to be and when I go to load it it don't often run to the far end of the pasture.

Whole different way of working.  Feels like I'm on vacation half the time.   On top of that I like making firewood and so far I'm selling what I can produce.   The trick is going to be balance.
I hope it goes as well for you weimedog.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

21incher

I have finally emptied the bed to make it useable on mine  :uhoh: Switched to e saws for most firewood and was able to fit them into a small toolbox hanging off the back or can be moved to the front also. Now just need to build a polesaw mount. Having time to do what you want is the best part of retirement.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SawyerTed

There's parts of the cow-calf business I miss but most of it I don't.   Mine turned into the sawmill business.

We lease our farm to a neighbor.  It's kind of nice not worrying too much about fence and calling him when his cows are out.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

And then I finally got tired of the cow/calf lease situation, removed all of my cross fences, and planted trees. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

And here my new South Pol bull arrived this morning. He is out of Teddy Gentrys lines. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!