iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Retracing Da Forestry Forum ATV Ride

Started by chet, May 15, 2024, 03:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

On Mother's Day Judy and I headed to da UP's Huron Mountains to retrace some of the Forestry Forum ATV Ride route.  It's hard to think that 17 years have past since that memorable trip.
Even after all them years that old deer camp we had checked out, hasn't changed a bit. Try as I might to git the wife ta step inside and check it out, she wasn't budging. ffcheesy
We even waited at the infamous river crossing in case @pigman needed a tow. :wink_2:

Had to check and see if a certain White Cedar that Nailhead and I had admired was still hanging on against the years of rushing waters of a heavy snow melt.

Much of the day was also spent hiking da numerous waterfalls.
 And lastly, we made a stop at Lake Superior and the mouth of da Huron River and to our joy, NO ICE! ffcool
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

CCCLLC

That's  some beautiful country. Been 25 years since  I've been that direction.  Thanks

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

What a wonderful trail ride!!  I have watched this before and thanks for the second time around.   ffsmiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

That trip was one of the best vacations ever.  We need to have a Northern Maine ATV event.
I got the spot if you have a camper and a ride. :thumbsup:

Magicman

We have been to your place...

IMG_2917.JPG
and it's a loooong trip.

IMG_2808.JPG
IMG_2810.JPG
But you cook a good meal and ......

IMG_2814.JPG
Build a nice campfire.  It is a beautiful place and I would love to take a trail ride there.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chet

A sadder note,  to our return trip included a stop at Nailhed's beloved newly constructed suger shack. @Jeff and I had stopped by there at an earlier date and had enjoyed the tour and meeting a bunch of his friends. It was all neglected now, and obviously his group of buddies had never used it again after his passing.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

That's the day I was with the tall guy.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

I won't mention who da tall guy was with!  ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy

Mooseherder

That camp with the bunkhouse idea was an awesome set up for their families.  It's the inspiration for my build.

Thank You Sponsors!