iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TRUE GRIT

Started by Jeff, July 13, 2024, 09:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

That's all I needed to say. TRUE GRIT. Thank god for watching over President Trump.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WhitePineJunky

If the debate didn't guarantee a trump win this just did

thecfarm

I went out a little after 7, but heard the shooter was killed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WhitePineJunky

Nebraska

I hope we get the truth how this happened. How did a rifle get within half a mile?  Prayers for the families affected by the stupidity.   I won't say anymore. 

Southside

Something is quite off here.  There was an eyewitness who saw the shooter crawling into position and notified law enforcement and the SS several minutes before this happened - the cops were there literally 50' from the guy and did nothing.  The SS were glassing the witness and he was desperately trying to get them to act. Just the fact that rooftop was left open says something is very wrong.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Brad_bb

Anyone see the interview with this guy.  He's asking the right questions.
guy point out shooter to secret service.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

beenthere

Amen to that Jeff. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

The fanatical will try anything. Another runner in the race is even more vulnerable, denied SS protection. That right there tells you something from the get go.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

Sad for the collateral injuries.  glad Trump is OK.  it only takes one person thinking they are doing the world a favor and just off enough to try it.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Bradm

About the collateral damage, the reporter from NBC, who was speaking with one of the attendees who helped carry out the body of the man killed in the stands, I thought gave the profession a bad name.  As much as I want to attribute her word choices as simply shock, and I would rather have this be the reason than speculating further, it seemed to me that she wasn't listening to what the man was saying and trying to avoid using specific works (killed for example).

I do hope and pray that things do not escalate from here, that the rhetoric can be dialed back, and I would like to know how it is that what appears to be the only other elevated spot was left unguarded (yes, I know it was outside the security perimeter)

WV Sawmiller

The most distressing rumor/report I've heard is that a local law enforcement member climbed the ladder to the building where the shooter was on the roof, the shooter pointed his rifle at him and the local law enforcement exited back down the ladder then the guy started shooting right after, If that turns out to be true I find it very distressing the local cop did not engage the shooter immediately. We will see if that pans out as true. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

Last night, when the greatest President walked into the RNC convention, things were different. President Trump had a different demeanor. You could see it on his face and his walk. I think this has put god in his heart. God bless this extraordinary man for what he is doing for US
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

they made it sound like you had to climb up the wall, no formal ladder and He was holding on with both hands and had to drop to the ground.  I think the most disappointing thing is all the lessons learned after 9-11 regarding interagency communication have been forgotten.  The counter snipers should have seen movement on the building and been authorized to shoot.  Also, like everyone thought someone else had responsibility.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

Yes, Trump looked at ease like the weight of the world was off his shoulders and he felt blessed to still be here.

Southside

It has been confirmed that he was spotted on the roof 26 minutes before the shooting happened, that's well before Trump was at the podium.  The SS took photos of him. At 140 yards the SS teams optics would be able to read his cell phone.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

i thought earlier they spotted him with a range finder and no gun on the ground, and he had just got on the roof minutes before he shot.  the officer that climbed up and dropped back to the ground, it was about a minute and a half before the shots were fired.  Lots of varying stories out there.

JD Guy

Yes Doc, I agree with you. We really need to get accurate (truth) information out to the populace. There should be some official statement out by now from DHS or FBI or SS. Or, they are all colluding to get their stories right? :huh?

Al_Smith

I doubt the general public will ever get the true story about this .However we will get theory and conjecture for decades .Unlike most of you I don't support the target of that event but find it disgusting something like this would ever happen in this country .Regarding alligations that DJT would let somebody take pot shots at him is the most stupid thing I ever heard of .It's one thing to hit a target the size of a head is no big deal at 150 yards  but to nick an ear nearly impossible .Saying that IMO it certainly was not staged and there was devine intervention .Another 1 inch would have split his head like a melon .As far as gaining votes,peoples minds are already made up and nothing will change them .

Thank You Sponsors!