I got another one in 2 days!!!!!

Started by thecfarm, August 27, 2024, 05:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I got a 48 inch peavey!!!!!!!!
It's an orange one!!!!!
It's a so called scratch and dent special. 
The kids can't have all the fun.   ffcheesy 

logrite_cool

My Father would of liked it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Well it's about ding-dang time! You been telling everyone for years to get one. ffcheesy Now at least you will know why. ffcheesy The peavy is a good choice, I have the same one as part of the arsenal and I like that one because I can stick it in the dirt and it easy to grab when needed. Enjoy it Ray! ffcool ffcool
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

Your life will never be the same again.  Congratulations !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Well it's kinda sad I had to buy one.
been putting it off for years.
I posted about the wooden handle my father used for many years. He loaded a lot of trucks with that peavy that I have. He was born in 1923.
I replaced the handle in it back in 1993. The point on the end would come out if we stuck it in the ground sometimes.
My Father and me used in the woods for about 4 years then he passed away from cancer. I used it for many years after that when I was cutting wood. I would keep it on the 3 point winch.
Then I started to haul off stone walls and really started to clean up all the  rayrock that I mowed and trimmed around for more then 40 years. The peavey got replaced with just a round piece of metal that I used to pry small rocks out of the ground and to pry logs apart. I only used the peavy on the sawmill.
I have not used the mill for about 8 years now.
I went to pick it up from the corner of the garage and the metal part fell off from the wooden handle. The bottom part of the handle had rotted off. I wanted to replace it but I know a Logrite will last longer and grip better longer.
When my father was loading trucks with it, he kept about 5 hooks as back up. when he felt it was losing its grip he would replace the hook with another one. He would send them off to a blacksmith to be re-bent. There are still about 5 hanging up in the old farm house now.
Then every time I would use it, I can still hear my Father tell me, Don't jerk that handle, or you will snap that handle off!!!! A steady strain will work.

I never broke a wooden handle on a peavey.
Broke other things, but never a handle.
Kinda hard to, when almost every time, he would tell me the above.  ffsmiley
So that's why a wooden peavey means a lot to me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I broke a handle....once.  It was not all that bad except for the sudden stop when I hit the ground.  After that, my one-at-the-time collection began:

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman