iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Harvest King bar oil.

Started by BargeMonkey, August 28, 2024, 04:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

I bought 2x pallets of oil right before covid came, about gone. Been shopping around, couldn't get in on the 4.49 TSC oil scheme, wondering if anyone has used Harvest King oil ? Been buying the Cobra oil from Irving, almost 2.00 a gal diff. 210gal per pallet out the door for 1495.00
15690049_fd68.jpg

mudfarmer

I am still working through my TSC stock but know a guy that has been buying HK at Runnings I think. Sounded like it works as intended, he does a lot of chainsaw milling and wasn't complaining  ffsmiley

Nebraska

Harvest king brand is what most of the agricultural oil products I use here. It's what the local farm store carries. I've used the bar oil,  seems like bar oil. I've used the 10 -30 diesel oil as bar oil in a pinch because I just needed to finish.  :wink_2:

GRANITEstateMP

Barge,

Was the harvest king oil deal at Runnings?  At that price, I may try and split a pallet with a buddy
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

barbender

I've used Harvest King, it's what the local farm and fleet store carries. It's bar oil🤷 I'm not a connoisseur of fine bar oils like EHP, probably because I mostly cut smaller trees and use shorter bars. 
Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on September 05, 2024, 05:46:43 PMBarge,

Was the harvest king oil deal at Runnings?  At that price, I may try and split a pallet with a buddy
If you bought a pallet they would knock 5% off, brings it down to 7.12 a gal which isn't bad money. Bar oil prices are all over the place, 7-10-18 a gal. I think there is a surplus of stuff and no one's buying, half the reason I've seen some of the sales. The good traveller AW46 hydraulic oil was on sale at tractor last week, friend of mine and I cleaned the one store out, 30 bucks a pail I'm not gonna argue. The guys like you want 74 pails ? ALL OF THEM 😆. I think stuff is going back to pre-covid madness levels. 87 gas an on-road diesel are only .14 cents apart rack price, fuels not moving.

Nebraska

Red fuel was 2.85 yesterday, I was in prepaying propane, so I went ahead and bought some too. 

GRANITEstateMP

I've got a race to go to in a couple weeks on the other side of NH. I've wanted to go to Runnings for a while, might just call ahead and make this happen. Thanks!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

thecfarm

Closet runnings is a 4 hour drive for me, one way,
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GRANITEstateMP

thecfarm,  

I have 1hr 40min to talk my self into and out of what I'm going to look at! 
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

BargeMonkey

They just put a new TSC in Stamford, I would love to see a Runnings down here, my closest one is Gloversville or way out in Rome. Would put TSC right out of business down here. Clothes, farm stuff, tools, guns, that and the Restaurant Depo / Costco and I wouldn't have to shop anywhere else. 

GRANITEstateMP

Barge,

There is a farm type store in Salisbury, NH. It's called the barn store. One day I sold a pickup and had some extra cash...I went in, bought my wife meds for her sheep, then I got myself a new chainsaw, a pair of work pants, and a new pump shotgun! On the way out I hit the breakfast/lunch bar and got a breakfast sandwich,my kinda place!  They also do ag buildings, but I only sold a pickup and didn't make THAT much money on it.  I'm kinda glad it's kinda out of my way to get there, I'd have a lot less spare money if it were closer
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Peter Drouin

I'm going to check that place out sometime. :wink_2:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

chep

We been running HK bar oil for awhile. Good e nuff
Price is right @ runnings. There is one in Claremont nh that's our closest. About an hr +

GRANITEstateMP

chep and Peter, we may have to have a NewEngland contingent of the ForestryForum at the Claremont Runnings!  

Chep thank you for the vote of confidence on the hk oil.  I'm not lookin for NASA super lube at that price, but don't want to kill a good bar or chain early either
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

AndyVT

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on September 10, 2024, 08:16:48 PMchep and Peter, we may have to have a NewEngland contingent of the ForestryForum at the Claremont Runnings! 

Chep thank you for the vote of confidence on the hk oil.  I'm not lookin for NASA super lube at that price, but don't want to kill a good bar or chain early either
Another FF Member here. I picked up 4 gallons from the Claremont store last week and a 6 pack of husky mix oil 

GRANITEstateMP

Andy, I should be there on Friday the 20 to get mine... As long as we still have a car to race that night (it is the real reason I'm heading to Claremont)
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Nebraska

Bought some HK branded premixed 50/1 fuel it was on sale. So I took it to the cabin for some fuel for the chainsaw I leave up there. Dumped the old mix out put in some fresh fuel and it ran fine. Something else besides motor oil, bar oil, hydraulic fluid I've used.  ffsmiley

Thank You Sponsors!