iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Preferred double sided tape?

Started by Brad_bb, September 25, 2024, 10:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

Is there a double sided 1" tape you prefer over others?  This is for holding router templates or guides down.  I have a roll I'm getting to the end of.  May have been from Woodcraft.  Not sure. It works ok.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Larry

3M made an outstanding double sided tape but it disappeared from the market 40 years ago.

XFasten Woodworking Tape is just ok and lots of woodworkers think it is wonderful. Available from Amazon.

Taylor Tools has some, I think it is IPG and again it is ok.

Nitto is another ok tape, can't remember where I got it.

Fastcap Speed tape holds well but its hard to put down and hard to clean up. Don't think it is intended to really be used for template work.

The very best is Scotch Blue masking tape. Put the tape on each piece, lay down a bead of CA glue on one tape, and spray accelerator on the other tape. PITA to apply but it works really well. Of all the tapes on the market its my favorite.

Ok, I do lots of template and pattern work. I prefer not to grapple with tape when possible and utilize either shop made vacuum templates or Destaco clamps. Far better than the best tape.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!