iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the flood

Started by Texas Ranger, Yesterday at 01:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

took out many of my small electric motors on my stationary tools.  Can anyone recommend a source by freight shipping to Texas or in Texas?  I tried Granger, none I needed.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SawyerTed

Check Amazon.  

I've had good luck with Leeson motors, 3/4 to 2 hp on a table saw, jointer and bandsaw.  My son bought a 3 phase bandsaw motor on Amazon, it's been fine.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Larry

Have you tried drying them out and running them? I've rescued many motors that have been wet or outside for years. Dry em out and see how they run. Most got new bearings which is a pretty easy job and bearings don't cost much.

I have bought a few motors from Surplus Center motors  They sell brand new, surplus, and close outs. Been a few years but I can recommend them as they had good prices and service.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ianab

Most electrics and even electronics aren't directly affected by water, It's either shorts (because they are powered on and current tracks to the wrong place), or corrosion because they remain wet (with dirty water). 

So it's worth seeing if the better motors can be dried out and cleaned up.

Computer gear often dies after a liquid spill because it's got some standby power from the battery even when "off". That either shorts something out, or speeds up any corrosion. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!