iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You sawed your "what"? I dare you to own up too! Pics please!

Started by woodbowl, August 24, 2005, 10:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

After dodging questions for 10 years like, howd' you do that, or.....have you ever sawed into one of those...........I guess I'm tired of answering with,....Well........if I did I wouldn't tell ya', or..........look at that board over yonder, ain't it purdy? Here's a few pics you all can poke fun at for a while. There have been bullets, big iron, snakes, lizards and many other things. Trouble is, I'm just now starting to use a digital camera.  You may as well go ahead and own up too because everybody knows that if you've been sawing for even a little while, you've bound to have hit something! If you really haven't hit anything, folks are still gona' think your telling a stretcher. Give us your best pics.                                                                               
Sawed off my turner tip..........didn't feel real good afterwards.                 
Everybodys sawed into their side support!........can't tell me no different!
Sawed my clamp half into. Now....that sure made a rackett!  Rewelded now.
I believe this pretty well explaines itself.                                                   
Nawwwwwwwwww....just kidding.                                                           
See.............finger still works.  Gona' keep it too!
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Jeff

Yer a day late and a dollar short on this one. We had a good ole confession thread back when I sawed into my backstops
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Now wait a minute!
You did the claw turner for a reason.............to keep from leaving marks on the cant! ;) ;D

Jeff

Fessin up
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=12725.0

So far I aint hit nothing else.  Then again, I aint sawed much since then either. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

The proper answer to questions about hitting parts of the mill is "Testing my Blades".  :D

chet

I would tend ta think, if yer mill starts sawin' itself, dat it is da mark of poor engineerin' rather than operator error.    ;)  :)  :)  :)  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

Yeah, but he has a Frankinmill, what do you expect ???

Ooops, wrong member. ::)
Never mind! ;D

woodbowl

I remember now.............That's when I was too chicken to post these things. ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

woodbeard

Does this count?- I was making some adjustments and stuff the other day, and forgot that I hadn't done any cutting yet, so I neglected to tension the blade before pulling the clutch handle... Ooops! ::) Not much damage, just some more scrapes inside the blade covers. Certainly not so dramatic as everyone else's, but I just got this mill, so give me time- once I start getting confident with it, I am sure I will be cutting metal left and right. :D

woodbowl

Don't feel too bad WB, I have a habit of turning my blades inside out if I hit a nail so I will pay close attention to it during sharpening. I grabbed it by mistake later that day and yep, I sawed it backwards. Hey.......................it don't saw backwards worth a flip! ;D ;D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!