iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Thanksgiving

Started by Don K, November 20, 2005, 01:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

I will be away from the computer for a few days    :( :( :'(      as I and the family are leaving about 3a.m. in the morning for Parris Island, SC to see a young friend of ours graduate from Marine bootcamp. We will not be home for Thanksgiving, but I would like to wish everyone a happy holiday and offer a prayer for those that must travel to see family.

I know there will be lots to catch up on when I get back, but I'll be working 5 midnights starting Sat.,  ::) ::)   so I ought to be able to catch up.   :P :) :)
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

DanG

I hope you see this before you leave, DonK.  I want to wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving and a safe trip.  Congratulate your young friend for me, too. :) 8) :) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pappy

We wish all of you a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

Tim and Jen   aka Gram and Pappy

P.S.   :)

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, But I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned - The dark meat and white
But I fought the temptation With all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees....
Happy eating to all - Pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy Have nary a lump,
May your yams be delicious May your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off of your thighs.
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

SwampDonkey

smiley_turkey_hide

Have a good one folks  :)

smiley_turkey_dancing
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

IL Bull

I'll bet he's happy to graduate from there. 8)
Happy Thanksgiving to all. ;D
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

srjones

For those in the U.S. and those around the world who observe it, Thanksgiving is tomorrow.  I'll be offline for a few days, so I'll post this a day early.

I am thankful for the usual things that folks are generally thankful for such as a wife, a family, a home  and a job.  But over the last year, there have been a few more things I've been especially grateful of.

I am thankful for...

Trees as a renewable resource
The internal combustion engine (two stroke and four stroke)
The people at Stihl for making a fine chainsaw and putting a heating element in the handle
The people at Makita for making a chain mortiser.
Peanut oil, stainless steel, propane heat and the fine art of deep-frying a turkey.
And especially, finding this forum for the countless hours of entertainment, education and enlightenment it has provided.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

-Steve
Everyone has hobbies...I hope to live in mine someday.

Chris J

The wife and I want to wish everyone a safe & happy Thanksgiving holiday.  Much mojo, many positive thoughts, and good vibrations to all of you.  Yes, this wish covers those across the pond, downunder, and everywhere else.  Be safe & enjoy!

Chris & Mo
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

old3dogg

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving!!

Hope everyone has a warm, safe day with family and friends.

Mike.

Roxie

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends (who seem like family)! 
Say when

L. Wakefield

The day has dawned- Mike piled into his clothes and out the door with rifle in hand. Got to say the hot tub is useful pre-and-post stand-hunting for him. It's 16* outside. Me- I had planned to stay in bed and go out to milk later- but stopped in to see how y'all were doing.

Giving thanks for friendship and lovingkindness.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

farmerdoug

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  May your day be warmer than ours, it is not going above freezing  here today.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Deadwood

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone indeed! (Even though our Canadian friends choose to get to the table first and celebrate their thanksgiving day in October) :)

This is a particularly special occassion for our family as my Great Grandfather twenty times removed came over on the Mayflower...literally, and thus took part in the first Thanksgiving ever.

We have a lot to be thankful for, and I do mean all of us, no matter the country or the state we reside in. Of course life will always be sweeter if we remember this the other 364 days of the year as well.

Just my two turkeys!

Ed_K

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Hey who turned on the SNOW  :o.
Ed K

sawman

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Dugsaws

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Doug