iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1968 Tree Farmer Log Skidder Model 100 Winch

Started by Whitetail, January 28, 2006, 04:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitetail

I'm looking for an operator's and service manual for this machine (1968 Tree Farmer Log Skidder with a model 100 winch, including the valve assembly).  Can anyone help me locate these materials?  Thanks much. 

J_T

I would look up Franklin skidder and call them I bet they still got those manuels .
Jim Holloway

dodgerd6

I've got a 1971 C6 with a carco model 100 winch. I've got a copy of the carco parts/operation manual for the winch and a parts manual for the skidder. I just rebuilt it top to bottom in 2005. I can tell you that Carco does not support the winch, i.e. the part numbers in the manual come up as unknown when you ask a Carco/Braden dealer. I got a copy of the parts manual from a place in Maine called Daveco. I believe its in Farmington. All I have is a fax number 207-778-9471 but look up Treefarmer on the internet and look for their Maine dealers. They are very helpful and know alot about these older skidders. I've never been able to locate a treefarmer skidder operations manual from that era, I saw one on e-bay once but it was too rich for me. I had a  6 cylinder perkins engine in mine but replaced it with a cummins 5.9. What kind of shape is the skidder in?  If you're looking for a specific part I may have done some parts research already.
Post a photo?

thecfarm

I live about 20 minutes from Davco.Phone #207-778-9060.I never did any business with them.I never drove a skidder.I only have a farm tractor for the woods. I'm just trying to help out.Good-luck I just noticed you're new here Whitetail.Welcome to the forum.Tell us where you're from.Update your profile like mine is.We all like to know where members are from. dodgerd6 I sent you a welcome too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dnsnook

was wondering if you have informatyion on how to clean up the clutch pads for winching in . it seems to me i'll have to take side cover off but not sure what to exspect inside . thanks .

ga jones

davco can help with any aspect of old tree
farmers. parts are readly available.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Hueyharvest

I need part number for 2outer seals on drum drive.l think nut on outside loosend up and let bearing move and took out seals ,i hope.thanks

Thank You Sponsors!