iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shop Manual for a 028

Started by Ga_Boy, April 15, 2006, 07:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga_Boy

I need to rebuild my 028, I have checked e-bay for a manual, the CD listed there do not include the 028.

Any suggestions?
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Alta

I can copy mine and send it to you - email me at aalta@direcway.com

fishhuntcutwood

For anyone else who's interested, you can have your dealer order them for you.  They're about $5.
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

Alta

you can get an owners manual for $5 but not a shop manual. You can also down load owners manuals for almost anyhting at Stihlusa.com

http://www.stihlmanuals.w1.com/stihl_ownersmanuals/ownersmanuals_listing.html

fishhuntcutwood

Quote from: Alta on April 16, 2006, 03:03:43 PM
you can get an owners manual for $5 but not a shop manual.

I've bought shop manuals from my dealer.  They've got part numbers and everything, or are you referring specifically to  the 028 manual, as the 028 is out of production, and the MS280 isn't the same saw?

Owner's manuals are free.  Still will also send you a hard copy owner's manual for older (and current of course) out of production saws. 

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

Ga_Boy

Jeff,

I was not very clear in my orginal post.

I am looking for a shop manual.

Mark

fishhuntcutwood

Quote from: Ga_Boy on April 17, 2006, 09:24:29 AM
Jeff,

I was not very clear in my orginal post.

I am looking for a shop manual.

Mark

Yep, we're on the same page.  I was referring to shop manuals, and getting them from your dealer.  ;) :P
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

Ga_Boy

I called my dealer yeterday.  The 028 shop manual is not in print any more.

I do have a lead for one, I guess I'll have to buy a used one. 

Sunfield Hardwood

awhile back while reading old posts, there was mention of a website where you could download shop manuals for just about any stihl and other saws as well, these were very detailed rebuild type manuals, I downloaded a copy for every stihl I own and put them in binders, sorry I don't have more specific info but a search should find it, I;m sure it was in chainsaw forum. It was a woodworking shop kind of website and the name of the website did'nt refer to all the chainsaw info that was there, good luck, I have an 028 thats about 25 years old and runs great,my first stihl saw :)
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

fishhuntcutwood

Quote from: Sunfield Hardwood on April 18, 2006, 06:54:01 AM
awhile back while reading old posts, there was mention of a website where you could download shop manuals for just about any stihl and other saws as well, these were very detailed rebuild type manuals, I downloaded a copy for every stihl I own and put them in binders, sorry I don't have more specific info but a search should find it, I;m sure it was in chainsaw forum. It was a woodworking shop kind of website and the name of the website did'nt refer to all the chainsaw info that was there, good luck, I have an 028 thats about 25 years old and runs great,my first stihl saw :)

That was Tom Thompson's site.  The manual portion of it got shut down.  The furniture portion is still up though.

www.giftsofwood.com

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

Ga_Boy

Bought an 028 shop manual and Stihl rebuild kit off e-Bay yesterday.  My dealer has shop manuals for my 361 and 460 on order.

Lesson learned here is when you buy a piece of equipement, buy the shop manual at the same time.

My 028 will get a new life.

Thank You Sponsors!