iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow

Started by Frank_Pender, April 16, 2006, 10:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_Pender

Go figure, it began snowing here at about 3:30 this morning and has not stopped. The flakes are about the size of half dollars, if you can recall what they look like. :D
Frank Pender

Paul_H

So how much do you have there Frank? Is the snow piling up or is it melting as it hits the ground?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Frank_Pender

Paul, I do not think it could melt as fast as it is coming down.  There is almost a good inch or better accumulated on the deck and the grounds around.  The tree limbs are beginning to bend much better with the added weight.  I have to saw today, so that will be fun in the snow.  I really enjoy sawing in the snow.   the snow today is much more welcome than the pouring rains of yesterday.  What a toad strangler we had until about 4:30 in the afternoon. :'(
Frank Pender

Paul_H

We've had rain on and off tha past couple of days which should bring out some more Morels but I noticed the snow has come down the hills pretty far on Friday night.

Last week was all t-shirt weather  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Rain showers here today, was nice all last week though. They said snow up in the hills for today, but it's in the 40's so I don't know how that's gonna work.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

solodan

We had a sunny day about 3 days back. ;D Other than that it has rained everyday in april, which washed away the 26 days of snow in march. ::) It was supposed to snow at my place last night and this morning but it is still raining. It could change anytime though it is snowing farther up the hill. The snowpack in the high country is still well over 15 feet deep, so it will be a few months before we can get out into the backcountry. The ski resort up the road will close next weekend and even though there is plenty of snow, the crowds just don't show at this time of year. The nice part is that the Sonora Pass will remain closed for at least 6 more weeks until they can clear it, so no traffic comes up the highway, and if you see a vehicle you might as well wave cause you know them. :)

Frank_Pender

I just came in for lunch.  Just a few tell tale sighs of snow on the piles of sawdust, is all that is left.  Mr. Sun decided to come out and brighten the morning.   Alice is takeing a late morning nap and I have to rustle my own grub.   :-\ :'(

However, I did make enough lumber for a fellas special order trailer and a ric of firewood.  Lumber value is $175.00 and Fir firewood = $40.00

One of my past sudents wanted to come around today and shovel sawdust for me for nothing, so I will let him do just that. 8) 8)
Frank Pender

solodan

Well it turned to snow last night, but it did not amount to much.

We only got about a 1/2" out of it., and the sun is finally shining here. :)

Frank_Pender

I justs got an e-mail from one of my students that runs a big cattle ranch for Simplit down in near the border or Southern Idaho.  She was out moving cows in the snow, yesterday, for half the day and the Sun came along and made it a bit slushy.  We had a bit of ice on some puddles this morning, around here in the draw areas, but it warmed up my ten.
Frank Pender

IMERC

cental Coorado mountains..

nice today.. almost broke 60... snow last several days...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Woodwalker

East Texas
If'in it cools off 30 or so degrees, it'll be in the 60's
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Rancher

You would think that at 9,500 ft we could have something besides wind and cold. We can't even buy any snow.
If you're honest you don't have to trust your memory.

Thank You Sponsors!