iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Icebox-- problems

Started by pigman, June 16, 2006, 05:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

The wife talked me into getting her a new icebox. The old one was working perfect but was getting a little rusty in spots. :(  I took the old one to the dump and lucky me, there was someone there disposing of a perfect good icebox 8). There was no rust on the thing and the guy said it was working perfect and he was getting rid of it only because his wife wanted a different color. ::)  I brought the thing home, put it in the place where we kept the old icebox and filled the top with two blocks of ice. Then the problems started. :o  The ice melted and water leaked out of the bottom of the door. I don't see how this thing could of ever worked, there is no drain hole in the bottom to let the water drain out. Good thing the porch has cracks in it.
Since I don't have any instructions for this modern icebox, I am not sure I am putting the ice in the right place. smiley_headscratch

Bob the hillbilly
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WH_Conley

Gee, last count the still went on top, but with all this modern stuff, ya never know. ???
( Mighta been a manufacture error, no drain holes, ask Norm he might be able to make some for ya)
Bill

gary

try putting it in the shade and useing more ice

Mooseherder

It works better when you lay it on its back. 8)

SAW MILLER

Bob,
Iv'e seen a lot of the newer ones like that and they all had the ice in top.So,I'msure you put the ice in the right location,must be a bad ice box.
 When the ice man comes around again you better stock up.
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

Patty

Guys, the ice goes around the beer keg....forget the ice box!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Norm

Bill is right they forgot to put some holes in it to drain properly. Stand it next to your silo and I'll be right over. :D

Kevin_H.

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

That's just like the one we used to raise crawlers in. Man, dont put holes in it the crawlers 'll crawl out.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Pigman, how about moving that thing to the lfet so we can get a look at the washin machine eh?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

Plug the little black thingy into the spot in the wall and you can use it to make ice ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

joelmar10

I thought the black cord thingy was fer openin them drain holes.
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

tlooney

I like Patty's idea you put the ice around the keg. ;D
Lucasmill 827
Kubota tractor with forks
current project: finished solar kiln now trying to sell lumber

pigman

Quote from: sawguy21 on June 16, 2006, 09:19:27 PM
Plug the little black thingy into the spot in the wall and you can use it to make ice ;D
I tied that black thingy to the porch post so the icebox will not roll off the porch. The thing has wheels. :o  Why would an icebox need wheels?
Quote from: Mooseherder on June 16, 2006, 05:54:00 PM
It works better when you lay it on its back. 8)
I thought of that, but if I lay it down it won't be on it's back, it would be on it's bottom. That means it is setting on it's end now. I am getting all confused. smiley_headscratch
I am going back to the dump and see if my old icebox is still there. :-X

Mooseherder

Your Old Ice Box is now someone elses new Ice Box.
They couldn't believe someone left it at the dump. ;D

gary

I wonder if they found agrease gun right next to it?

Mooseherder

Gary, The grease gun went back to where it came from tonight. :D

pigman

Thanks everyone for their help with my problem with what I thought was an icebox. :-[  Well, I went and took a  closer look at that box or whatever it is and came to the conclusion that I have some sort of stove.  Right at the top there is a name " Hotpoint". With a name like that it must be some sort of stove. Now I have a new question for the members of S O K I A.  Where does a person build a fire in that thing. In the stove we now have we build the fire in the bottom and bake in the top part. The bottom of this thing does not have a flue hole :o  These modern thinges sure get me confused. smiley_headscratch

sawdust

Yall missed the insructions, this is a modern ice box! That black cord thingy at the back is the pull start.
Giver a yank.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Don_Papenburg

Jeesh , you can take a redneck out of the country, but you cain't take the redneck out nohow.    We need a fetchin up forum section on here.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Mooseherder

Can't you hear the Theme song from Dukes of Hazard in your head? :D

joelmar10

I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

Mooseherder

I hear "dualing banjos"
Like the ones in the movie Deliverance?

joelmar10

Ya know to this day every time I see Ned Beatty ....that movie sticks in your brain don't it?

Roxie

Say when

Thank You Sponsors!