iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Efco sharpener question

Started by Quartlow, July 09, 2006, 12:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

I have an older efco sharpener that the grinding wheel will run both directions.
The question is do you want the bur on the inside or the outside of the tooth?
I would think on the outside, but hey I've been wrong before, just ask the wife  :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Kevin

The burr should be on the inside but keep in mind all that dust and debris is coming back at your face, that's why some of the new models grind away from the operator.
Be sure to protect yourself if you are grinding towards your face.

Quartlow

Ahhh geee Kevin,, I so wanted to get my eyeballs right down there where I could watch it!!  :o

Actually I'm kind of messing around with a piece of tin to deflect that stuff to the floor.

And see I was wrong, of course the wife new that all ready :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Kevin

It's not just your lookers but your lungs that need protecting too.

Greg_B.

High  I also have the efco sharpener. Does anyone know where i can get some parts for it. Mainly the end cap for the motor. and a copy of the owners manual. I was given my from an older man it still works great but Ihad a learning curve on how to use it without a manual.
Norwood mark 4;4020 Branson Tracter backhoe frt.lder; 18' dovetail trailer;Bri-Mar dump trailer 11,500 gross; Beefed-Up 2004 F-350 diesel; workshop full of woodworking tools. So many toys, eh tools so little time.

jokers

Hi Greg,

If you have already figured out how to use the grinder you are miles ahead of where the manual will get you.

Anyone who sells the Oregon 511a should be able to get you the end cap. This site Lawn and Garden Parts will probably have what you need if the part is available individually. They have the vise jaws, head springs, and most other parts that you may eventually need.

Oregon Engineer

Quote from: Greg_B. on July 11, 2006, 10:37:42 AM
High  I also have the efco sharpener. Does anyone know where i can get ........... a copy of the owners manual.

There is an online manual for the 511A at  http://www.oregonchain.com/accessories.htm   The down load is around 7megs so it might take a while if you have a slow internet connection.  Or, call 503  653-4706 and a nice lady will send you one free of charge.

Thank You Sponsors!