iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scandanavian logging

Started by Bill in U.P., January 12, 2007, 07:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill in U.P.

I've noticed in certain pictures of small woodlot logging equipment (small Kiotis and the walk along powered drays) they are pulling out tiny softwood sticks, like 3" diameter. It seems like some of these are also in articles involving Sweden. What do they do with such small wood? Just curious.

333_okh

I think I saw one of these hauling out a moose {Euro elk} in Sweden.  They were also using it to drap small logs to the cabin for firewood.

Swede

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

333_okh

Very nice, but how to get one into the USA?

moosehunter

I believe Jonesred sells one. I remember seeing one at the Boonville show two years ago. May have been another manufacturer. But I did see it!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

leweee

Thanks for the links Swede. 8) Good to hear from you. ;D
How many euros for the Maskin Oxen / trailer in Sweden?
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Swede

I don´t know  ::)................. but perhaps asking companies selling Logosol, Husqvarna or other swedish machinery to pick one up for you would work. Or ask Lennartsfors how to get a Järnhästen.
Tandem Oxen for me looks like a very nice machine. *want one, want one!*
I think the single Oxen costs 11 000 euro, or so.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

a old timberjack

yup, jonsered is the importer of that little tracked unit for the us. it is something your dealer can get you, they had one to try at the booneville show and the northeast loggers show this past year, i am sure it will be at this years shows......Brandon 8)
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Thank You Sponsors!