iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fate . must be?!

Started by Knotdodger, February 19, 2007, 07:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knotdodger

Hey fella's.

Just yesterday I posted that first saw thread.. First real saw anyway.
I will try to make this short. Anyway I took a couple people's advise and
didnt spend 500 dollars on a 390. Which I think is probably a nice saw. I was
set on a Ms 310 because of budget. And that was stretching it this time of
year. And I figured I would never justifly the price of the ms361. So I closed
my cataloge and decieded to get the 310. Today the boss wanted me to go
to FT. Wayne Ind.. with him to bid a job.. We stoped at a tool store..I think it
was called MSI. I was getting bored and seen the stihl chainsaws.. They had
the shelf chucked full of farm bosses. There was a lonley ms361 in the mix.
I know the price 589 with a 18in bar by heart.. But no price on the saw. So out
of boredom now I asked the clerk the price. He said they didnt carry 361's there.
He was amazed when he seen it.. And said """""350 dollars like the rest"""""
So I was on that. Warranty the whole deal was 368 out the door.. My God..
My mouth was dry for twenty miles down the road. Had to slap my self ... I still
cant believe it.. Cant wait for this weekend... Thanks fella's with out this place. I
would have never been intersted in that particular saw.. hehehe.. No you cant have it..
hehehe. First time I have ever got run over with a deal like that.

beenthere

Good on ya. Poor guy when he figures out what he did.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Knotdodger

Thats the thing .. He knew what he did.. I could'nt believe it. There was 2 other fella's there too behind the counter..

Kevin

Run that puppy at 40:1 and it will last a long time.

lobsta1

I hope you have another dollar set aside for the lottery.
Al

sawguy21

:D :D :D You thievin sumbee. Good on ya
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

luke2

Glad things worked out so remarkably well for you. You got a whole lotta saw for your money!!

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

MDP

Run quality full synthetic oil and premium gas and it will last a long long time.

Geat buy!

Mark

jokers

The 361 is a great saw! I`m sure that you will be very happy but you probably will never know just how lucky you are that you have that saw instead of one of it`s cheaper siblings.

It sounds like you did the right thing in asking the counter guy and the mess up probably came at the distributor level, one 361 mixed in with a bunch of 290s. The differences between these saws are lost on people like those working in that store apparently, a chainsaw is a chainsaw right?  ;D

Good luck with it and count your blessings.

Bill

Yeeowsabub !  Quick take that dollar and go play the lottery while you're hot !

Congrats on a great saw at an unreal price !

8)     8)     8)     8)

treeape

When the 371xp first came out a saw shop near me had 2 on the shelf, one was marked 721.00 the other was marked 321.00. Guess which one I paid cash for  8).

scgargoyle

Quote from: lobsta1 on February 19, 2007, 08:41:51 PM
I hope you have another dollar set aside for the lottery.
Al
He used up all his luck buyin' that saw. He coulda won a few million bucks, but got a heckuva saw instead- good choice, I say. ;D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

sawmilllawyer

8) 8) 8) Hecka deal, Had a MS 361 for a little over a year now and paid the first price you mentioned w/ a 20" bar. Have been well pleased with it as an all around saw. Especially w/ the RS or RSC chain on it. Your deal sounds a lot like the time when I was in need of a portable air compressor and came across a once in a life time deal.  When  told the price I snapped up the deal. I was dealing with the owner of a local pawnshop, and she needed to move some merchandise.  I had been looking for quite a while and outta the blue, bam. Maybe the big guy upstairs has been watching over you, huh?   
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Thank You Sponsors!