iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Georgia Redneck

Started by pigman, August 16, 2007, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

On the way back from Athens Georgia last week, we stopped at this little place at Tullalah Falls, Georgia. It was a nice little place and even had Orange Crush in Bottles. 8) There was a guy sitting in a chair and I remarked that it was a verry hot day. He just sat there and didn't act like he heard me, so  I spoke a little louder. He still ignored me. :o I knew there were Georgia rednecks, but I thought they would at least acknowledge a Kentucky hillbilly. :(  He must of had a bad day or something. ;)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

Things move a little slower down here, Bob.  Most folks don't say anything until they've thought it through.  Did you hang around a while for a response?  It might take an hour or two.  I bet you just got back in the truck and drove on before he got a chance to speak.  It's no wonder those folks are suspicious of you Northern types.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

beenthere

Now pigman, he was just bein polite, and waitin for you to stop talkin, and take a breath... ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

Beenthere, you must have heard ol' Bob talk before.  Now, for those of you who haven't, it is like a really, really good Seckaterry pounding away on a wide carriage, upright Underwood typewriter.  You never hear the pauses, or the punctuation, or see the carriage return.  You just get every word, perfect as a picture, and most quick.  You cannot tell that the guy has ever taken a breath.  If he had chosen to be an auctioneer instead of a pig farmer, he'd be a millionaire.  Personally, I think that pretty witch he's married to done that to him, just so he could get his "yes-maams" out a bit quicker.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pigman

Dang,            are                                                           you                                  trying                           to                             say                     that                         I                          talk                                fast                      without                                   pausing.

I                      gave                    that                  feller                plenty              of                        time               
to                                 respond                                  if                                        he                         were     
so                               inclined.  ;D

Bob

beenthere

;D ;D ;D
I'm so lookin forward to seein pigman again at the ATV ride.   ;D

pm
Got that Polaris runnin good now?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

That Pigman is a hoot :D. 

I was honored to meet you Bob :).  If you ever git yourself in Georgy agin, (which I am sure you will with a fine daughter at the University of choice), please holler at me so that we might contemplate getting all the women together for a nice pause and refresh ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pigman

This is not about Georgia Rednecks, but what the heck, I can steal my own thread. ;D
I have a question for one of you fine Southern  people that are familiar with the UGA. As we came in Athens on road 78 and turned south on Milledge Av., I saw hundreds of fine looking southern girls. 8) They were in groups of twenty or thirty. They were walking down Milledge and going in and out these fine large homes. They were all dressed up in their fancy white dresses .The houses had these large funny looking letters on their fronts. I didn't know what they represented, it was all Greek to me. ;)  When I go to my daughters place on Talmage, I asked her about the groups of girls and she replied that they were "rushing". It sure didn't look like they were in any hurry to me.
Maybe Dodgy Loaner or one of you older UGA grads can explain to me what was going on there.

Confused Bob

Texas Ranger

Whew, DanG, glad I read the whole post, pigman, I thought you were talking about Peachtree in Atlanta. ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

I can tell you this much, Pigman.  Milledge Ave. is a fine place for a stroll, especially after it has warmed up a bit in the spring ::).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Shore didn't take ol' Pigman long to find it now, did it? :D :D :D

SwampDonkey

How do I get there?  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Pigman

Rushing is relative.  You see, there are boys.. that is "BOYS", that examine the herd as the girls are "Rushing" in and out of those houses.  They are trying to figure out the secret to the door locks.  Most new fellows don't account of a big buxom drill sgt type woman behind the door.  Your daughter will be relatively safe there... promise...  The school does a pretty good job of hiding those houses from the athletic dorms.  You hardly ever hear of one occupant visiting the other.  Why, when I was there, you couldn't even hold hands with a girl in public.  That's why they had those little restaurants further out Milledge, so that folks could visit.  I never could figure out why they didn't spend more money on the lights though.  You could hardly see to eat in there.

Thank You Sponsors!