iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blades Jumping off the Wheels

Started by Stephen1, January 02, 2008, 09:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen1

Thanks guys for all the info here. I replaced bearings, and belts, cuts great, I am almost thru all my old pine & spruce logs. I have cut them wide, to make tables and benches. now I have to dry them, and look for more logs.

Steve
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

woodbowl

Put your old belts back on one day to see if they still work. It may be a good clue for future break downs. Besides, we'd like to know which one is.  ::)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

deeker

Stephen1, I own a norwood LM2000 with the 23hp, the only times the blade has popped off:  The tension too low
The bandwheels were not on track (square they can be adjusted)
The blade was bent
The blade was dull
The blade tracking being the most obvious, then the sharpness.
Cooks sawmill mfg will sharpen your blades and ROLL the blades flat!  Not a joke, it works even with blades that have been popped off the bandwheels and bent.  When they roll the blades flat, the blade will no longer rise in the cut.  I am thinking of buying their roller for my own and some custom use.  BTW I do recomend cooks blades, they are about $18 vs $32 for norwoods goldline.  And better quality.
Send me an IM or e-mail if you still have trouble.
Another great source of info is the Norwood website/forum.  They have bailed me out more often than not.

Good Luck

Kevin Davis
Ruff Cutts
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

Stephen1

Quote from: woodbowl on January 11, 2008, 05:27:11 PM
Put your old belts back on one day to see if they still work. It may be a good clue for future break downs. Besides, we'd like to know which one is.  ::)

When I get home I will try thay and let you know.
steve
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!