iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AHHHHHHhhhhh

Started by Fla._Deadheader, January 16, 2008, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Today, the Jip ran on Soybean Oil as fuel. No black smoke, quieter, and a little MORE power climbing the hills to town.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Paul_H

Sounds cool Harold 8)

Was this oil you pressed? I remember you were working towards that goal.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

DanG

Good job Harold! 8) 8) 8)

So, what color was the smoke?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

What smoke ???  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

No Paul, The mechanic brought the Jip to the house today, and I took him back to his shop. Then, I noticed the gauge was barely off the pin.  >:( >:( >:(

I didn't have my wallet, because of all the commotion this morning, so, I went back home and bought a 3 litre jug of new oil at the pulperia.  Got me home and back to the gasolinera, to BUY Diesel  >:( >:( >:( Diesel is around $4.50 a Gallon, here.  :o :o :o

Gotta start getting oil to use.  No readily available crops around here for pressing  ::) ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

woodbowl

What about coconut or palm oil, you got plenty of that don't you?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Tom

He probably need to take a 50 gallon barrel to McDonalds and get it filled.   He's got to have a McDonalds somewhere. Everybody has a McDonalds.  :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

No, I don't have any.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Got to set up a day to pick up 35 gallons from a chikken fryer joint. Gonna cost me $11.00  8) 8) 8)

Then, I just have to clean it.  8) 8) 8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Tom

Isn't the oil a liability to the chicken joint?  Why do you have to buy it?

Dana

Harold, I have been burning unheated vegtable oil in my F250 and tractor during the Summer for three years now. It works great for me. I need to get going on a heated tank so I can use it year round.
With my setup filtering is very slow, 5 gal a day when the temp is above 80f and less with lower temps. I want to plumb a heat coil from my central boiler to the settling tank. That will decrease the filtering time considerably.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8)  I's gonna Centrifuge mine.  8) 8)

Should get 55 gallons done in 4 hours + /-.

Tom, there is a market here for used oil. Guys buy it to mix with animal feed.

This is just the first place I asked that had volume.  ::) ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Dana

"I's gonna Centrifuge mine." (quote from FlaDeadheader)   
With one of these? :) I haven't hooked mine up yet. The grease will still need to be pre filtered though.

OneWithWood

Alright Harold!   8) 8) 8) 8)

Ain't it fun?  ;)

If you have a 55 gal drum you can get a strainer that sits atop the drum.  I use a 200 micron unit to strain my oil before I brew it into Bio D.  I would think screening your oil with even a window screen would get enough stuff out that it would pass through the centrifuge without many problems and less down time to clean the centi out.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks, Robert. YUP, it's a whole different deal, now.

I plan to use window screen AND pant legs I cut off of brand new jeans. Easy to wash out and I have enough time to wait for the oil to filter.

Dana, yer on top of this, ain'tcha ???  8) 8)

I have a juicer that I modified, and that's going to be my first 'fuge. Others are doing it, and it does not require any pumps, motor and whatever. It's self contained.  8) 8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Dana

I don't know if I'm on top of it. :D  But, a guy has to put his thinking cap on when when diesel is $3.58 a gal and you are just farming for a living. :)

Thank You Sponsors!