iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

moose logging

Started by Texas Ranger, January 17, 2008, 12:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Had a hard time figuring out which board to put this on, so here 'tiz.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Furby

Texas Ranger

DanG, I got to read more old posts.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Yeah and it's also a photoshopped fake.

I seen another article over on About.com and I emailed the guy about it. It had copyrighted pictures out of a book I talked about in this forum. They made up some story about the pictures being in Nflnd some place.  In actuality it was a well known hunting guide named John Connell and his pet moose 'Tommy' from the Bartibog area of  Miramichi City.  I never got a reply, didn't expect one. 

This is the link to Tommy and John, and it isn't Newfoundland. If they were in a museum is Stephenville, it was because John captured several moose, I think 6, and shipped them to Newfoundland, 4 survived and that was how the herd began in Newfoundland. They are not native to the Island.

Member sbishop is building a camp in the same area as John and 'Tommy' the moose lived.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Sorry Tex, didn't mean to burst yer bubble. :)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff on November 30, 2007, 10:03:23 PM
I tink Im havin dejavu all over agin

Quote from: Furby on November 30, 2007, 10:05:36 PM
It's a seasonal thread just like a bunch of others.
You can have deja vu again next year. :)

Quote from: Furby on November 30, 2007, 10:33:02 PM
Between the moose logging AND the Oysters, we've gone through one at least every year. ;D

Gotta keep up the tradition, eh? :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Yup, this year is covered I guess. :)

SwampDonkey

pigman

Now you young whippersnappers, go easy on us older folk. We tend to forget things and after a year it all sounds new to us. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sbishop

Hey Swampdonkey, stop talking about my great great grandfather from Bartibog!  :D

Yes, my Mother was a Connell, I grew up on John Connell's homestead!

I have the old album at my house of all the pictures, if you are ever in Fredericton, look me up be happy to share the pics with ya.

I was over to Newfoundland 3 years ago to visit the Town of Howley, that is were the moose let free. They have a memorial setup in John's name. Pretty cool!

Here's a pic of John and his pet moose Tommy

Here is a pic of a moose that just got capture and being hauled by sled out of the woods. pretty neat eh!

Sbishop

thecfarm

SwampDonkey,nice pictures with your link to Tommy and John.I'm glad the pictures weren't in French too.   :)  That is interesting that he brought them over that way.Thought the moose were always native there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

sbiship, yup.  :)

Everyone already thinks we aren't right up here.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!