iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Four part DVD set by David Charlesworth

Started by Dave Shepard, July 18, 2008, 10:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

In the middle of the night, or should I say, very early yesterday morning (1:30), I order the 4 part DVD set from Lie-Nielsen Toolworks. I got an email yesterday with a UPS tracking number, and as I opted for the ground shipping, I figured it wouldn't be here until next week. As I sat down to the computer at 6:00 this evening to track the package, the UPS truck showed up with my DVDs and books. I guess it was worth the wait of ground shipping. :D

I have watched the first two parts on sharpening and using hand planes. Very interesting, and shows how much more I've got to learn. :D There is more on planing in the next movie, and other wood working techniques. So far, I'd say it was a well spent $90. I'll report on the other two movies after I've watched them. 8)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thedeeredude

Now I expect there to be a picture of a .00001 shaving from your planes now that you saw those videos :D  There's another guy that does videos on hand planes, I think his name is Jim Kingshott.  I'd like to get the videos on hand planing.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

There was a lot of good information on these DVDs, especially for a beginner like me. I will say this, I would have liked to see how big of a gap to leave between the plane iron, and the mouth of the plane. I learned a few tricks about waterstones and there care, and it is good to actually see how it's done. Now I've just got to practice. :)

Dave

Thank You Sponsors!