iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

Check out the weather channel and local news of the tornado that hit Joplin, Mo about 2 hours ago. bg

Magicman

Paul Case lives just a very few miles SW of Joplin.  My prayer is that he and his family is OK.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

MM, i am sure he is ok. The storm was a few miles northeast of him, but he could have had some bad winds. bg

Magicman

The maps seem to be showing the damage in maybe the Northern or NW portion of Joplin.  Maybe we will hear from him, but I'm sure that his mind is on more important things now.  Hang tough Paul.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

MM, it was on 26th street west of range line drive. At this time 24 have been taken from us, bg

paul case

good here.
not so good in joplin.
no damage on the case ranch as of yet. local stations are reporting the tornado touched down west of joplin and went west to east crossing 3 major thorough fares and then I44. no word on even an estimated fatality count but certianly thousands of homes destroyed. we will be lucky if there arent that many killed from this big twister.dillons grocery store, walmart, home depot, st.  johns hospital, pizza hut, at least 4 gas stations, academy sports store and joplin high school were all a total loss as far as i can tell from pictures from there. slow moving(25mph) and wide (1 mile) and high winded(100mph) all come together to be quite devastating.
we have had a tornado warning box on us all day. it has been 3 years since an f4-5 went 2 miles to the south of us. not long enough.

we were in church when it happened. only heavy rain and hail there. everyone with a phone already was getting messages by the time church let out about the tornado.
i suppose tomorow i will call again to some folks i know and try to get to help some folks in need.
thanks for your  concern.
pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

paul case

just got word that my best friends dad, Gene, was at church services in joplin next to the high school when the storm hit. 2 people from that church were killed and Gene was hospitalized. they took him to the other hospital in joplin which is in the debris zone. i would go to him tonight but i am quite certian that  i couldnt get there. my best friend is a joplin police officer and they cant seem to get ahold of him.  i hope all of this will look better in the daylight tomorow, but i am afraid it wont. all i can do for now is pray and hope. pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

sandhills

Praying for all you folks also and hope it looks better in the daylight.

Magicman

Good to hear that all is OK with you Paul.  My prayers are for the suffering.

Bill Gaiche

PC, glad everything is good at the Case farm. Sorry to hear about your friends though. Sorry for all whom lost lives and the injured. Will be thinking about you all and hope you all the best, bg

paul case

my friend tx me a little while ago, Gene and his wife are both ok just have broken bones but very much alive and have been released from the hospital.
meanwhile more heavy rain for today will hamper any relief efforts.
pc
pc

SwampDonkey

It's only in the upper 40's today, glad I have all next winter's wood at the house. Need heat, build fire.  :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

paul case

i tried this earlier and the storm cut me off.
we have had a good washing today. i am sure it slowed down relief efforts. twc's doppler indicates that we have had 11'' of rain in less than 24 hours. most of that was today since 8 am.
serious cloud to ground lightening has kept me away from the mill most of the day. pc
pc

WDH

Keep your head down and your eyes and ears open. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Autocar

Our prayers to all that need them this evening , we had storms again tonight 3/4 inch of rain. Corn planting may not happen here this spring.
Bill

Larry

Emptied the rain gauge twice today.  It runs over with 5".  From what's falling now, I don't think it will make it till morning.

In our new house Kathy's closet is actually a tornado shelter disguised as a closet.  I never finished building the door for it...she made that my number one priority yesterday.  I got too many number one priorities.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

paul case

maybe i could get cathy to put on your list to come put the door on the storm shelter in my new 2 year old house. anita might appreciate it. ;D   pc
pc

WDH

Y'all should have renewed motivation, unfortunately.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Motivation for me will be them pay cheques. :D Gotta work in the rain since it's going to be wet the rest of the week anyway, but a little warmer.  ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tyb525

Just when it seems like it's gonna dry up, it pours. probably 2 inches in half an hour.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

sandhills

Hope you folks down in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas are fairing OK tonight, so far just thunderstorms here.

thecfarm

Sun is out nice and bright. Seems like we have not seen the sun to really amount too much all month. Weather man said it's been 288 days since we had temps in the 70's.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

paul case

made it past one more here. just heavy rain. pc
pc

Warbird

My parents-in-law dodged the bullet.  The fatal tornado in Arkansas hit about 3 miles from their place.  They have no power/phones right now but we managed to speak with them briefly.

SwampDonkey

We've had several 70 degree days up here, but they don't stick around. The sun disappears and it rains and turns cold for 4 days. :D Was warm today, woods was wet in the a.m., so I wore rain gear. I was hot when the sun got warm. :D

Thank You Sponsors!