iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

I am getting tired of this weather here in southeast mo. If its not flooding now we are dealing with twisters. One hit around 5 miles from the house today and another around 15 miles. Nobody hurt i think. The flooding  in wasnt to bad for me living in the hills. But twisters are another story. We need it to dry up and the humidity to go down. Soon as you think you can get out in the woods and get some wood to the mill here comes more rain. Southeast Missouri Rain forest around here now days.

Coon

Swamp, so in other words you are saying if it's not wet outside then it's wet on the inside.  ;)  :D  I bet you felt like a drowned rat after a while.  ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

I always carry a change of clothes for the ride home.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

Quote from: semologger on May 25, 2011, 10:15:13 PM
I am getting tired of this weather here in southeast mo. If its not flooding now we are dealing with twisters. One hit around 5 miles from the house today and another around 15 miles. Nobody hurt i think. The flooding  in wasnt to bad for me living in the hills. But twisters are another story. We need it to dry up and the humidity to go down. Soon as you think you can get out in the woods and get some wood to the mill here comes more rain. Southeast Missouri Rain forest around here now days.

We've got four loads of logs in so far this year.  Two of them were in January when it froze enough for the loggers to get to logs they'd cut last fall and couldn't get out. 

We got another 2" of rain yesterday and were under three tornado watches at one time.  Flood warnings now.  Missouri river has flooded some secondary roads.  One front hit awful hard at our place about 2:00 pm.  Large steam through our farm is running bank full. Two nephews reported seeing tornados north of us.  They were 20 miles apart - maybe the same tornado - maybe from the same system?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Kansas

We needed rain. We finally got it. About 3 inches of rain in the last two days. Seems like the tornadoes split and went around us. Mostly to the east and south,and some out in central Kansas. The Kansas river is suddenly way up. When it is up that much, that usually means they opened the reservoirs. Surprised they did that with all the flooding on the Miss. They usually hold it back until things calm down downstream. Also got some baseball sized hail. Guess if there is a silver lining the roofing contractors and siding contractors will be busy.

paul case

bibby,
i think that is the same system that came through my neck of the woods on tuesday evening . it produced a few funnel clouds. it is the one that produced an f5 tornado at elreno ok. very dangerous storms that tore up a lot of stuff and killed a few people. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

SwampDonkey

Farmers have been going gang busters that last two days planting. Been a couple 70's days. Drizzle for the next three. ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

Some of the big farmers have wrapped up seeding around here, but most are still moving like their arses are on fire.  :D   The big farmers that I worked for a couple of falls ago finished up seeding today...... they farm 13,000 acres but had three large air seeders going full tilt-a-whirl.  Pretty sure the acreage is down a bit as most low spots are full of water.  Calling for rain here for the next three days or so.  ::) 

SwampDonkey

It's no big deal to still be planting in June in NB. This isn't any unusual event.

Sprucegum

We needs lots of rain here in eastern Alberta. Haven't had spit since the snow melted and there was very little moisture in that. There is a cloud of dust on every farm where they are seeding, most are pretty well done now.

Coon

Sounds like you got some coming your way Sprucegum.  It just started to slowly rain here about twenty mins ago.  The majority of it is supposed to be west and south of here. 

SwampDonkey

Planted some garden today: onion, beets, carrots, spinach. Will plant the rest in two weeks I think. We had 8/10" rain in the night.

SwampDonkey

There has been flood warnings and thunder storm warning in central Maine for the last 2 days. Comes up on the TV screen.

thecfarm

That was for the Kennebec River.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Hay fields here are under two feet of water :-\  I hope the weather dries out somew and lets the grass grow, really need some sun for a few weeks.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Was wet all weekend, but the sun came out this morning and dried stuff out and sun tomorrow to. Was about 78 degrees I think. I was late getting back from the woods to the car and ran out of water (bottle in my vest pocket). Time just seems to fly bye too fast when your in the woods.  ;)

DouginUtah

Salt Lake City just broke the record for the most rain in May--ever.

(At least since they started keeping records.)

Snowbird is going to stay open until July 4th.

We are already having flooding. It will probably get much worse.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

WDH

Doug,

The desert has moved to Middle Georgia  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

We was on a tornado watch yesterday afternoon. That is real odd. Global warming.  ::)  I had hail around 9am yesterday. Probaly a big as the end of your little finger. Had a storm in the morning and another storm,just a shower around 4 in the afternoon.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kansas

Have you ever seen on the news where there is flooding and a bunch of vehicles are under water? You ever find yourself thinking " what's wrong with those people that they can't even move their vehicles when the water is rising.?"

This morning I waded through about 3 foot of backed up Kansas River water to help get a skidder moved to dry ground. At least it didn't get to the transmissions. There was up to 10 inches of rain in Central Kansas overnight.  Got close to 3 here.

SwampDonkey

Yesterday had about five seconds of sleet, and in the evening a fast moving thunderstorm, not severe and the winds even where light, 4/100" of an inch. Today about 5 seconds of rain drops, colder though. Was 78 yesterday, more like 65 today and it was 61 before daylight. Sky was clear this am, darkened up by noon with sunny breaks.

Sprucegum

Finally got a light shower here in beautiful downtown Lloydminster last night. I hope we got some up at the woodlot as well, that's 2 hours Northwest of here though so slim chance. Probably still have fire banns on.

thecfarm

Hail almost the size of golf balls only about 40 minutes from me in Augusta. Have heard about some in Readfield,only 20 minutes from me but no pictures or no one I know has told me. The stepson take a picture of some of the hail. Stepson car are some dings in it now,20-30. Granddaughter got caught in it going to work,broke her windshield. :( We had a thunder storm here,nothing real bad,all over in 20 minutes.

Coon

We are getting summer-like weather here.   8)   8)  Temps not too hot and a nice breeze blowing.  What crops are in the ground are coming along nicely as there is plenty of subsoil moisture.  Some areas further north from here are starting to get pretty dry. 

I went past the Quill Lakes yesterday.  If you look on a map you can see that there are three lakes.  The lake furthest to the west is Big Quill Lake, then you have Mud Lake in the middle then Little Quill Lake to the east..... well sorta..... they are all one huge lake now.....   :D 

chevytaHOE5674

Monday and Tuesday of this week it was close to 90 here and now its in the 50's. Last night and the night before lows were in the upper 30's. Wonderful weather. haha

Thank You Sponsors!