iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downeast

Knew it: as soon as the snows were off (last week in too early summer ) it snowed today  ::) .
It's like that cartoon character walking around with that rain cloud over his head. Granted not much snow, but enough to bring us back to the reality of Downeast March.
Yes, the Wood and Tree Frogs are out.....fools. ;D

Warbird

Quote from: thecfarm on March 28, 2012, 02:23:46 PM
Finally you guys are getting a break.

Yes, and it is much appreciated!  Spring sprung in about 24 hours.  We went from near -20 to 20 above in a day a week ago, and it hasn't looked back since.

I had to put the "water Engineer's" hat on yesterday and shovel the roof around the chimney where it ice dams a bit, to make a path for the water to shed off the roof in that area.  We had a lot more snow this winter than average.  And because it didn't gradually warm/melt, it might be a messy breakup.

thecfarm

I had kinda forgot that 25 years ago we had a bad flood. Took bridges out and many roads. I have never seen it that high before or since than.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Air conditioner is running  :).  And, it is just early April.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Maybe you will get some of this stuff that passed us today.  There was certainly cooler air behind the front.  It appears to be more of it for the next several days.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Large tornadoes are hitting DFW right now, reportedly.  Talked to my grandpa and he is doing okay.  the phone connection was patchy and I could hear the alarms going off in the background.

Magicman

We are getting knocked around by this present storm.  No tornado activity so we should be OK.  I'll be clearing some limbs off of the house tomorrow though.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

two tired

thunderstorms came through in the night, around 1:30, about 1 1/2 inches, small amount of hale mixed in with the rain. no damage that i know of.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

Magicman

Yup, I finally bailed out of bed at about 4:30 this morning.  We got quite a blow but were luckier than some folks.  There are several trees down in town and the crews are clearing debris.

thecfarm

A little on the cool side now,but normal for April. Been a little bit below freezing at night or close to it. Has not been a good week for the sun. Cloudy and showers all week. The whole state is on high danger alert for fires. Had quite a few grass fires that has spread into the woods. Only about 20 acres were the worst one.Real early for us.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Was a balmy 16* here this morning, but supposed to warm up into the 40's. We had a week or so of way above average temps but now we returned to normal. But we are very very dry compared to usual.

WDH

Absolute perfect spring day.  Low about 40 and high about 65, a light wind, and low humidity.  Had to weed the garden today.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

Same temps in lower WI today. A little lower than 40 at daybreak, but up to 60 during the "heat" of the day.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Was down to Bangor last week and hardly any ice left in the lakes, the rivers were all ice free and tranquil, not even shored up ice.

Been in the 40's here and did get to the 50's last couple days. Suppose to be in the 60's today and through the weekend.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The peepers are out. The wife could hear them a few nights ago. Temps have been good here, 8AM and 70°. Need some rain.

chevytaHOE5674

We had peepers over a month ago now during our "summer", but they went back into hiding as there is snow on the ground now. ha

SwampDonkey

I've not noticed any yet. But last week there was still a crust of frost in the upper soil horizon in the woods. You would break through it like hoar frost. Only a couple 70's days here and will be back to the 50's the rest of the week.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Raining here now. At this time it's a nice slow rain. We need it.

7:30 and the rain is really coming down now. I was walking out in the woods yesterday with one of my friends and his grand daughter. All the wet holes were all dryed up all ready. That is some odd to see that. These should be wet until about June.

SwampDonkey

Started to be steady around 9:00 am here, but just sprinkles in the night. Very light soft rain though as you say. Seems it's two days late from what the weather guessers said Thursday and Friday.

beenthere

So, will PA get 18" of snow from this storm?
The CBS eve. news was pretty hyped up over the coming storm for the NE area.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Woke up to about an inch of snow on the ground this morning with freezing rain still coming down.

Got a phone call at 5:30, school is on a 2-hour delay, got another call at 5:50, school is closed!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Getting mostly rain here, have had some freezing rain mixed with snow, but no accumulation. South of here they are expecting a lot of rain, possible flooding. I'm not going to be out in it. ;D

Roxie

Our rain gauge is showing 3.1 inches yesterday, and we really needed the rain. 

Beenthere, the snow is projected (and coming down) in western Pennsylvania and western New York.  A very bad situation. 

Say when

thecfarm

No snow or freezing rain that I know of,yet. But boy it is raining hard. We need it. Now maybe the brook may look more like the end of April and not June.

SwampDonkey

We've gotten 1-1/4" rain so far here.

Thank You Sponsors!