iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

No thanks from here. ;)  I'm putting the window AC in today (should have a week ago) and usually it goes in the end of May here.
My youngest north of Seattle/Everette was watching his son play baseball in 50 deg temp while we were at 82 deg. night before last.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Blue skies and 60's today.    smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

two tired

blue sky & sunshine here in southwest louisiana, water is droping very fast. the creek is almost back in its banks now. back water was about as high as i have ever seen it here, went down fast also. i tried ta get pictures but caint get it to work.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

wwsjr

We got 1.65 inches of rain in NE MS since about 6PM yesterday. Temp now is 65. This time yesterday temp was in the high 70's. Sky is clearing in the west, may have sunshine later today. Rain was slow and steady, no flooding.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

SwampDonkey

Sun and 75 here today. Suppose to cool down tonight with a cold front. It's actually dry heat to, 55 % humidity today. But rising with this cold front approaching.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Village of Perth_Andover, NB is under flood. The hospital is flooded, bridge closed and at risk of failure, roads closed, businesses all closed. No power. There are 3 rivers that come together on the main St. John River just above town. The Aroostook, Salmon River and the Tobique. It's the worst flood ever seen and the town has been flooded before. Good thing it never rained in all this warm weather. It's mostly just water in the town. And it's mighty deep in the main river before flood because it's head pond.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2012/03/23/nb-fredericton-flood-advisory-616.html

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

We are clear for the next week.  Busy times ahead and the lawn already needs cutting.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bogue Chitto

Get ready to WORK. ;)

Den Socling

Even up here in PA the grass needs cut already. We have weeds 8" high!

Warbird

And now, 1 day after being -18 again, it is 15 above this morning and snowing.   smiley_headscratch

I am ready for a vacation to Kauai.

Den Socling

A week or so ago it rained so hard on Kauai that they had to close the airport. Of course, if you were sitting at a Tiki bar, who cares about the rain?

thecfarm

The hot spell has left us. Was a cool day,about 50's. I missed the news tonight,but was talking about freezing temps in the night later this week.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

I sat outside this afternoon without a jacket, what a treat that was. We finally identified the bright light in the sky, it was the SUN. 8) Same tomorrow then solid rain for a week so better get the grass cut while I can. Otherwise I'll need some sheep.
Record snow pack in the mountains, if we get a prolonged warm spell this early it could spell real trouble.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

Today was a nice T shirt day for sawing.  Especially since I was in the shade.

thecfarm

A slow rain. I just got the peas,spinach and beet greens in and the garden was on the dry side all ready. The rain will be good for the peas and for the grass fires.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lumberjack48

We drop-ed from the 70's to the 30's, the frogs were singing a week ago, Mar. 18. It always used to mean, when the Frogs were croaking, get the flashlight and the spear, the Walleyes were running.

Back in 76 it was -30 yesterday, we used to move in to a Tamarack swamp after the road restitutions went on and try to log and yard out 500 cds before the weather chased use out.
I have to tell you this-- I had a 65 Ford F100 that i had put a 383 out of a 69 Plymouth Road Runner with the 4 speed. We were coming out of the swamp about 2 PM, the water in the road was 12 to 15 inches deep. I was goofing around, throwing 20/30 foot roster-tails, i had dual straight pipes. Will with all my spinning i throw the rubber out of the carrier bearing. The water was level with the running boards. The only way we were going to get home, i had to get under the pickup to slide the carrier bearing back in place. By this time the wife wasn't taking, she was just staring at me. So i knew what i had to do, i held my breath and slide under, in that icy water and put the bearing back in place. The morrow of the story, don't goof around in icy waters you might have to get wet. [ these were fun times]
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

thecfarm

Those frogs ar not singing now.   :'(  it's cold out there. The wind been blowing hard for the last 3 days. Temps been in the 40's but the wind makes it feel colder. May get some snow,but won't amount to much. We'll see. This is the way March should be.

SwampDonkey

30's and 40 might be the high, but it was 15 here this morning. Don't rush the season. :)

WDH

80 degrees here today.  Planted my garden.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on March 27, 2012, 10:17:27 PM
80 degrees here today.  Planted my garden.

We've already got sweet corn coming up. Planted it 9 days ago and got 2 good showers on it and it just popped up with the warm temperatures.  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

The ground is white, we got about an inch no more than two. But the wind finally stopped blowing.

Magicman

I was on the lawnmower cutting grass yesterday.

Chuck White

The last couple of days have been "stay inside weather" here.

Supposed to warm up to around 50's for the weekend.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Warbird

Spring is springing here.  Getting into the single digits at night but actually climbed above freezing yesterday during the day.  Thank God.  This was the toughest winter I can remember since back in the 80's.

thecfarm

Finally you guys are getting a break.

Thank You Sponsors!