iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Magicman,no cooler shirts? I did not go out much today,car trouble got me down.  :( I would have worn my cooler shirt. Will have one on tomorrow. Suppose to be another warm one,than more like fall temps,which it should be. Temps in the high 80's are not normal here this time of year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

My plan is to be bushhogging for the rest of the week.  There will be no shade.   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Was 85 here yesterday and that brought troubles. We had severe thunderstorms as a result. Storm knocked out power. We had one clap here that sounded like a cannon (many others to actually), but when that sucker struck she all went dark. No big wind, just rain. Also the upper valley here is expecting more of the same and a lot of water. Flooding is expected in some towns that are prone to flooding. Not much rain down this way, just showers. But nothing much has come down overnight so far here. Have no power yet, since 6 pm.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

Magicman- they used to make ice jackets for the Virginia City silver miners, as the ore heated up to something God awful. Maybe they could be repurposed for sawmilling, etc. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Need a roof over that tractor for ya,Magicman.  ;D  We have one tractor that is used just about for mowing. We have a roof on that one. Sometimes it does not help much,but sometimes it does.
We had the thinder storms here too,sawmpdonkey. It sure did dump some rain on us a few times. Kinda started around dark. I have no idea when it stopped. I was sleeping.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Fall is in the air UP here. Its 55° with a 20mph wind coming right off Lake Superior, sky is gray and lake effect rain showers keep passing through. Have to dig out my box of flannel shirts pretty quick as its a little too cool for short sleeves.

thecfarm

About 4-5 days ago I was wearing a sweat shirt out side. Yesterday was a no shirt day.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Was 75 here and humid, overcast. Just got power back at 3:00 pm. That's Atlantic time. Remember, in Canada we have a couple more time zones east of Eastern time. Ontario and Quebec is a mighty wide part of the continent to be on one zone. :D The monsoon just began, we have a low before the big one off that tropical storm. Last time we have that happen, in 2005, we got 7 or 8 inches in 24 hrs.  ::) Flood warnings out for some towns. That storm last night did a lot of damage in Woodstock, took the roof of the civic centre and was on tornado warning. We had 5500 without power. Good thing it's a rural province or that would be a lot more I suspect.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pep

The geese are heading south.  The leaves are turning.  Cold north wind, high of 10c today, low tonight -2.  Sunny tomorrow high of 16c.  Farmers are having a hard time harvesting with all the rain this week.  Temp right now is 4c.

Stay warm my friends

Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

mesquite buckeye

Winter is on its way. ;D 96 with a chance of monsoon thunderstorms. :snowfight1:

Magicman

Quote from: thecfarm on September 11, 2013, 09:59:54 PM
Magicman,no cooler shirts?
I guess that the ones I bought were the wrong kind.  Made by Walls.  Anyway, sweat just runs down my body and soaks into the tops of my jeans and underwear.  No good !!!

I had to get it off and go back to cotton which at least absorbs the sweat.  Anyway we have a cold front passing through and the temps are supposed to drop into the low 90's.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

36° here this morning with patchy frost. The lake effect rain showers finally ended and its now a great fall day with the temp holding at 54°. I love this kind of weather, makes getting outside chores done a breeze.  8)

Magicman

It was not so bad yesterday, but bushhogging tall weeds/grass is a nasty dusty business.  I should finish in one more day.

SwampDonkey

SE wind here, and sunny, but not a drying day. High humidity, and autumn coolness.

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Magicman on September 15, 2013, 09:12:37 AM
It was not so bad yesterday, but bushhogging tall weeds/grass is a nasty dusty business.  I should finish in one more day.

That's why they invented the cab with dust filters on the HVAC... haha

Today looks/feels/sounds like a November day. Temp is 45°, light rain is falling, wind is howling off the lake at 30mph, and the sky is a single shade of gray....

sandhills

We keep getting promised good chances of rain but so far just cool with grey skies and a little drizzle now and then, makes it hard to dry hay.  A lot of silage being cut around here and a few are picking high moisture corn, crops are really turning fast, gotta hook up to our chopper today or tomorrow and after the last 9 months or so that's the last thing in the world I want to look at.  :-\

Autocar

Saturday we got up to our first frost when I left for the woods all the houses roofs were white, waterways and side ditches in places also. This morning it was cool but turned into a dandy day.
Bill

mesquite buckeye

Sometimes we get a coating of salt from water drying up that looks like frost. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Magicman

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on September 15, 2013, 10:17:20 AM
That's why they invented the cab with dust filters on the HVAC... haha
Now, that has gotta be mean.   :D  I wonder if such was even thought of in 1970 when Dad bought my ole JD.  If is was, he could not have afforded it anyway.  One more trip and I will be through for this year.   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun

sandhills

Yes Magic they had thought of it, and coming from someone that grew up running those JD's with that era cab your better off, at least IMHO  ;).  Now in the winter here they at least do help to block the wind (a little).

Magicman

Since my sawing customer could not provide a helper, I should be able to finish my bushhogging this week.   ;D

thecfarm

mesquite buckeye

WDH

Nope, not here yet either.  Not even close.  Ray, you are lucky, but then again, the ice sheets will form up there in another month  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!