iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I hope I have to wait until Dec.  I was buying milk today and the expiration date was in Oct.  :o  Some might get a frost I should be OK. Gordon Hill keeps the ice at bay for a while longer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Frost/ice last night and predicted again tonight. Got down to 34°last night and the high today was 52°. Feeling more and more like fall everyday.  8)

thecfarm

Made it by another night with no frost. Garden is all done,so I have not been covering things. Seems like in years past,if we get by a cold spell it warms back up and we get a few more weeks of warmer temps at night. Suppose to be even dry here for a few days. Sun is shining as bright as it can this time of year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

No frost here at the house, but out in the bush it was nice and white. Glad I had some heat out there. Got lots of blankets besides. You fellas are awfully tender down there. ;D  But lately it's back into the 70's for a few days again. I hate fall sun, can't see a thing, as it shines right in your face all day. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Just came inside and I thought I left the ouside light on. That Harvest Moon is putting out some light.  ;D A nice warm fall day here.

mesquite buckeye

Still 100+ and slowly dropping humidities. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

We have forecast for possibly 1-2" of rain each day this weekend.  That will be nice.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

OneWithWood

We finally received some decent rain.  1.5" on Thursday and possibly another 1" today.  As long as it does not come down all at once it is much needed.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

Had rain Monday until noon. Mostly sprinkles. Sun the rest of the week here. Did get cloudy after 2:00 pm today though, but no water. Don't need it. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Started to rain in the night sometime. The rain woke me up once. I almost got up to see it. But did not make it out of the bed. I don't think I have ever heard it rain that hard.Still raining now. We did have a wonderful stretch of nice weather,warm and sun out bright.

Magicman

We got about 4" when this front moved past us Friday night and Saturday.  It was 60° last night and scheduled for the mid 50's tonight.

The forecast is for the mid 80's for the Chickin Crispin Saturday.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

It'll be bare of leaves here in 4 weeks. Seems the colors are early and the leaves are falling. The birch in the middle of the yard is about bare now.  :-\

The sun always gets it's way.  And it's not even hardly cool. Not fire weather yet. ;D

thecfarm

I saw on the news last night,normal rain amount for Sept is 3 inches,we had 6 already.Looks like the rest of Sept will be dry and sunny. Been in the 50's at night. Keep getting darker earlier and earlier. 7 o'clock and I have to turn the lights on the tractor.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, summer like for the next few days at least.

OneWithWood

We are continuing to be drier than normal.  Down by about 3" for Sept.  I went to a meeting at Morgan-Monroe State Forest last Saturday.  A team of scientists from Indiana University constructed a flux tower in the forest about 15-20 years ago.  Their data shows a steady drying of the forest and even though the growing season has extended a month due to climate change the trees have slowed in growth due to a lack of moisture.  Good for the oaks, bad for the tulips, maples, and many others.
One With Wood

Icehouse

48° and pouring down rain, suppose to last thru tomorrow, so wet the squirrels aren't even coming to the feeder
Favorite Stihl ms361 ms064 Favorite Husky 242xp 262xp

Shotgun

Hi Icehouse. Welcome aboard.  Did you just find us or have you been lurking?  You'll find a lot of information and assistance here, whatever your interests are.  Tell us a bit about yourself and what your interests are.  You might want to show your general location in your profile.  You indicated that it's 48° and raining, but since we don't know where you're at, it can't mean much to us.  Anyway, glad that you're here.  As some say, pull up a stump and sit a spell.

You've found the best forum on the Internet.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

mesquite buckeye

89 and sunny ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

They need to make beaks for hard hats, that morning fall sun is in your eyes until around 10 am. ;D

Been in the 70's by mid afternoon. Some ridges around here, away from the river valley, are getting bare of leaves. It's still September, a tad early this year for leaf fall. :-\

Today was last day (of 3) for moose hunt season up here. I hope they thin out a few.

thecfarm

I have mo idea the temp today,but I was running around in a t shirt. But the sunny part we had all day. Seems kinda odd to have the sun out steady 2-3 days in a row now.

Icehouse

Quote from: Shotgun on September 28, 2013, 02:26:40 PM
Hi Icehouse. Welcome aboard.  Did you just find us or have you been lurking?  You'll find a lot of information and assistance here, whatever your interests are.  Tell us a bit about yourself and what your interests are.  You might want to show your general location in your profile.  You indicated that it's 48° and raining, but since we don't know where you're at, it can't mean much to us.  Anyway, glad that you're here.  As some say, pull up a stump and sit a spell.

You've found the best forum on the Internet.

Norm
I thought I filled in all the stuff on the profile page but guess not. I live in North Idaho 30 miles from the Canadian border, I seem to have that chainsaw disorder. Love to fix saws that don't run. Thanks for the welcome I'll sure be around.

Chris

OneWithWood

Beautiful steady rain today.  :)
One With Wood

Larro Darro

This is our third or fourth day in a row of sunny skies, with highs in the low 80's and lows in the mid to low 60's. I've got out to work around my shooting house, trimming trees and tilling food plots the last few days. I'm loving it.
Make good money. Five dollars a day.
Made anymore, I might move away.

Icehouse

44° and looks like it may have quite raining for awhile, can't tell it's really dark out. Only thing I don't like about fall is the fact that somehow the light goes away and I can't see early and late. O well everyone have a great day 8)

mesquite buckeye

Uh, 91 and sunny, anyone? ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Thank You Sponsors!