iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

-6° with 5-10mph winds and more lake effect snow. More snow plowing today.

thecfarm

Saw the ice on the news,not good. We are use to snow,but that ice really slows things down alot. We have something coming,snow,sleet,rain.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gspren

The weather report for here said 1-3" snow today, I just ran the snow-blower a bit with 6" and still snowing!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

ancjr

We got 8" snow on top of frozen ice Friday night.  As per usual, locals blocked all the rural roads with incapacitated vehicles.  It snowed a very light dusting last night.  Freezing rain and flurries for tonight.  Doesn't look to get above 32F until Friday.

SwampDonkey

Snow tires must be a Canadian thing. Quebec however, has mandatory snow tires. And not just 2, but all 4. I can't imagine why one would want just two, but people do all kinds of crazy stuff. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

Partly cloudy and high 50's :-\
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Started snowing around 10 this morning,still snowing. It was a very fine snow. Only got maybe 2 inches. Might turn to a little rain tonight. Nothing like some states have gotten for ice.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

It feels like the end of January or early February out there. Just came in from checking the cows and the temp is -6° and according to the weather people the wind chill is -28°. Snowing to beat the band as well. 

SwampDonkey

Been snow in the air since about 2:00 pm, but not even 1/2" yet on the ground. Too cold for a big storm I think. With a big snow we usually get temps in the 20's. This won't amount to beans. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

A warm rainy night in Georgia. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

87 degrees today.  ::)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 09, 2013, 09:01:41 PM
A warm rainy night in Georgia.

Someone needs to write a song.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Has been raining here just about all day long. Too muddy to work today and the forecast is for another rainout tomorrow.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

coxy

mesquite buckeye

Heating the saguaro greenhouses tonight. Low out there in the 20's. :'(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ancjr

23f, another 3" of snow and another 14 miles long car lot all the way to town.  :)

Just saw a city plow truck go by.  Miracles never cease!  Someone, somewhere lit a hot fire under the right seat!  :D

SwampDonkey

Less than 1" snow here, sun shining today.

thecfarm

Sun shining,what is that? Been a while since I have seen that.

chevytaHOE5674

Another 2-3" of snow overnight with temps dipping down to -10°. Warmed up to 4° now, on its way to 6° or 8° they say. The guessers are saying 4-6" of snow today, 4-6" tomorrow, and more bitter cold temps.

Autocar

It was 16 here this morning with a twenty mile per hour wind out of the southwest. We have some snow but nothing like they have south and north of us.It was a pretty cold day for this time of year it makes you wonder what January will bring.
Bill

redbeard

Finally over the cold snap mid to upper 30s rest of week . Lowest temp this past week was 16° its a wet cold here and it goes right through you.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

SwampDonkey

It did cloud up some mid morning and some snow showers, then cleared off before dark again.

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: redbeard on December 10, 2013, 07:13:37 PMits a wet cold here and it goes right through you.

That is what is so strange about this cold weather we are having. Usually in January/February we get these minus double digit temps but its usually very dry air, this cold snap has RH readings in the 70-90% range which is very unusual. Couple the high humidity with 40mph winds and below zero temps and it is just brutal outside.

For the record its still snowing here haha. Coming down 1-3" per hour if this keeps up we will have a lot by morning.

mesquite buckeye

A little cool tonight, but sunny and 70 tomorrow. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) smiley_clapping dadgum you, Charlie! smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_devilish :snowfight1:

ancjr

I feel bad for my neighbor.  Someone in a jacked up pickup with mud tires ran off the road and cut 2 36" drainage ditches all the way down the hillside.  :(

No more snow, no more freezing rain... but it's supposed to be 14 tonight and 7 tomorrow night.  No thawing as of yet!

Thank You Sponsors!