iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

We got our warm up over night as it was 23° when I woke up this morning at 6am, though the windchill is still like 6° so it doesn't feel all that warm. Now its slowly dropping and supposed to fall into the low teens by this afternoon. And par for the course its overcast and snowing.

SwampDonkey

Still 16F here, some sun though.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

71 and sunny.  ;D Supposed to get windy later. Now they are wimping out on the rain.... :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ancjr

A balmy 38F out there.  Combination of ice, snow on the ground+prediction of rain = flood warning for the entire area.

ancjr

52, cloudy, humid.

Went for a little walk and noticed how everything outside is covered in a layer of tulip poplar seeds.  No wonder there are so many!

mesquite buckeye

:o :o :o    Heavy rain. smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw

Look out downstreamers. ;D

No sun. :'(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

chevytaHOE5674

Good news is for once we have the sun  8).

Bad news is its -3° and sunny.

thecfarm

We have a weekend of rain,ice,freezing rain,sleet,snow. The only thing missing is the sun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Its snowing here now, and it should snow until late sunday evening... anybody for a white Christmas     8) 8) 8)      Come on up Bill, leave the hot sweaty beach and you and Sue can have a good old  :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

http://www.meteomedia.com/meteo/canada/quebec/la-peche/J0X3G0
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

It started here this morning and going to last 3 days. That's fine, house is warm and weaving some blankets. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Been in the 60's and even 70's here. But supposed to drop back to a high in the 40's after the front comes through on Sunday. But the good thing about the warm weather is I could sneak some prescribed burns in this week. Not often we can get good burns in December, but they burned pretty well.

ancjr

Been oiling pieces in the shop.  Went to check on them this morning.  Dew on the metal roof had dripped all over everything.  I broke out the fans and 2 dehumidifiers and let them run all day.  This evening, the metal roof is dry, but the fans caused the concrete floor to wick!  Fooey on wet weather!  :(

sawguy21

Woke up to snow this morning. Wet, heavy sticky snow. :'( The drive to work was interesting, an hour and forty minutes, usually takes 40. The one hill was like driving on grease, no sand trucks in sight. At least everyone was keeping their distance and not trying kamikaze lane changes like usual. Above freezing now with a light drizzle, once the temp drops the roads will get nasty.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Everyone's bracing for "ICE" in this area for the next 24 hours!

We've had a little of everything here today, Rain, Ice, Snow, etc.

We'll have to see what the night brings, right now we have 20°F.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

We were bumping 80° today.  That is not good and we will pay for it with some bumpy weather.  Tornadoes are a very real possibility.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ancjr

MM, we're at 58 right this minute.  Not at all December weather for this area.  :/

thecfarm

Our temps have not been Dec weather either.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Don't worry. It will cool off....  Our high was low 50's today. :( Here it comes. :snowball:

dgdrls

CNY region has been in the 40's with rain,  went from a foot plus of snow to grass in about 48 hours,

sloppy wet mess, 50's this weekend, droping back cold, looks like sun for Christmas day,

DGD

clww

Yesterday, we had a high of 69 degrees. The next two days our forecast shows record high temps of 72 and 75 on Sunday. Our rain is supposed to arrive late Sunday night and all day Monday. Christmas day is supposed to top out at 47 here at The Beach.
:christmas:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

ancjr

51f, steady rain.  It's so humid that the skin on my hands and feet are puckered.  :)

Chuck White

Woke up this morning and checked outside!

The snow shovel leaning on the side of the house near the door had ¼ inch of ice build-up on it!

Been raining all night and still coming down, ice is almost ½ inch now!

Snow plow (sander) went by around 8:00AM, both drive axles were wearing chains, for traction and to help break up the ice.

He couldn't make the hill above us, so he got turned around at the barn next door and backed up the hill with the sander going.

I've only ever seen the sanders go over the hill, backing once before!

Ice Storm warning in effect until 4:00PM tomorrow!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Alcranb

Currently 58*  mud everywhere! and a forecast high of 25* Wednesday
The good part is today is the shortest day of the year so everything should be looking up, right?
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

snowstorm

nws has a ice storm warning for most of the state of maine. for up to .9" of ice. stay home by the fire and be nice and warm. we already had some freezing rain last night. i sanded roads last nite and early this am. with this much freezing rain coming no amount of sand on the roads can keep them safe for long. with the temps in the low 20,s it will freeze over the sand in a short time.

snowstorm

Quote from: Chuck White on December 21, 2013, 11:56:43 AM
Woke up this morning and checked outside!

The snow shovel leaning on the side of the house near the door had ¼ inch of ice build-up on it!

Been raining all night and still coming down, ice is almost ½ inch now!

Snow plow (sander) went by around 8:00AM, both drive axles were wearing chains, for traction and to help break up the ice.

He couldn't make the hill above us, so he got turned around at the barn next door and backed up the hill with the sander going.

I've only ever seen the sanders go over the hill, backing once before!

Ice Storm warning in effect until 4:00PM tomorrow!
when it gets really bad sanding in an ice storm i also chain one front wheel so i can steer it

Thank You Sponsors!