iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Our Toronto warehouse was some busy shipping generators today, we completely ran out of portables. We are supposed to get more tomorrow, there will be a lineup.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WmFritz

Ray, your photo looks like you took it in my backyard. Cept we don't have hills in the Saginaw Valley.  :D The sun poked out today for a while and was a pretty scene with all the ice on the trees.

I was in Menards yesterday and met a guy looking to buy 40 generators to take back to Port Huron.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

At least that huge storm cleared the US before Christmas.  Lotsa kids will be happy.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

Sunny and 69. ;D Mighty fine. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Merry Christmas.

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Chuck White

Still quite a few (1,500 ?) in this area without power, including us.

They predict power on late this evening!

Nat. Grid is very busy and lots of tree service trucks in the area!

A fleet of trucks from "Davey's Tree Service" out of Kent, Ohio in Russell today!

Thanks to all of them.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

We're back to seasonable temps now, about 32°F. Was nice to work in a T shirt this weekend, but we lost all our snow. About a foot in a day or two from the rain. Single digits tonight, then back to the 20's at night and high 30's by day. I like frost better than mud.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Chuck White

Commercial Power back on as of 5:30PM.

The generator served us well, so I'll treat it to an oil change soon as I get the chance!  ;)  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Some places won't be restored in southern NB until Saturday, and warm it ain't. Snow for tonight and tomorrow, not much.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

chuck    wow that's some ice my wife has pics of the 98 storm when it killed most of the sap bush off up there on her grand dads farm up there in hurmon

goose63

Snowed to day gona be warm 25 or so till Monday 10 below for the high :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

I had to mow the lawn hopefully for the last time today.  She wanted it looking spiffy for Christmas.

smiley_thumbsup  :)   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Makes we wanna go get my golf clubs......nice yard lawn, Magic.  smiley_thumbsup

How many of those Pines have nails in them?  :o
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Quote from: coxy on December 24, 2013, 07:24:16 PM
chuck    wow that's some ice my wife has pics of the 98 storm when it killed most of the sap bush off up there on her grand dads farm up there in hurmon Hermon.

Coxy, what's your wife's grand dads name?  Maybe I know him!

I think the biggest name in sugaring in Hermon is Jim Woodrow!

Merry Christmas to all.

Here's hoping all without power may stay warm until power is restored!

Magicman

There are nine large Pines in the front and none of them have nails.  Logs only have nails when you start sawing them.   ;D

I removed one Pine a few years ago that was causing driveway problems.  Yup, the butt log had nails about basketball goal height.   :-\

coxy

Quote from: Chuck White on December 24, 2013, 09:53:24 PM
Quote from: coxy on December 24, 2013, 07:24:16 PM
chuck    wow that's some ice my wife has pics of the 98 storm when it killed most of the sap bush off up there on her grand dads farm up there in hurmon Hermon.

Coxy, what's your wife's grand dads name?  Maybe I know him!

I think the biggest name in sugaring in Hermon is Jim Woodrow!

Merry Christmas to all.

Here's hoping all without power may stay warm until power is restored!
ya but I really liked her gradpa Floyd wonderfull man in my book   jim well its jim need I say more well cant sit here that long and wright >:( just my 60 cents                     ill pm ya or tell ya when I meet ya some time   ;D :christmas:

beenthere

QuoteI had to mow the lawn hopefully for the last time today.

Why, are you moving away?   ???   ;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on December 24, 2013, 10:22:27 PM
QuoteI had to mow the lawn hopefully for the last time today.

Why, are you moving away?   ???   ;D

:D Probably trying to get away from those early morning phone calls.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pep

Merry Christmas to all.  A little tropical here this morning. -34C @ 5:30 am :(

Cheers
Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

mesquite buckeye

That's why I live here. 69 and sunny. ;D ;D ;D

Ice on the roof in the morning, but it will be melted before I finish breakfast. :o ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Ice won't be melted here until about April 1, when I sit out in the spring sun on the lawn chair to be warmed. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Just getting back on here.I lost power for 2 hours.very,very lucky. The tower that provides my internet had no power for a more than a day. The tower is only a mile thorugh the woods from me.I can see the hill from my house. I guess the hill just got power.  ;D
The Augusta area got hit hard,not much more than ½ hour away. They just got power today. Still some in that area without power.I have family in the area. I guess Waldo County got hit hard too,from what I have been seeing on the news.
We went into town yesteday and even 10 minutes from here we could see less ice on the trees.
I know a guy that lives on a dead end road,only 10 minutes from me and he had no power last night.
I had 5 for the low and 20 for the high.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

we had freezing rain from late fir nite till monday nite. temp stayed around 26 less than an hr after putting out sand you could look down thru the new ice and see it. after a day of that i got real used to driving on it. some of the steep hills it was angle the plow to the left drop the wing and run the sander wide open and hope for the best. sanding = 98% boredom 2% shear terror

Chuck White

"Snowstorm";  Read post #4996 and see how the plows got around in this area!

Wasn't good, but got the job done!

Here's hoping everyone has their power restored soon!

WmFritz

Tonights news in N. Michigan, talked about a river that's flooding in the U.P. just a few miles north of Jeff's place, due to an ice dam. Flood stage for the Pine River in Rudyard is 17 ft.  Tonight, the river is about 23 ft. It's a common occurence in the Spring, but can't remember a flood in December.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

mesquite buckeye

67 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!