Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

-17 here this morning, a heat wave. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

MJD

-24 for us  :new_year:

coxy

oh my :o  you can keep that cold crap  but we are going to get it to  >:(   cold but not to bad so far got about 12-13 inches and still coming down  :'(

pep

-42 here at 6:00am.  The coldest temp in Canada yesterday was Earlton,Ont. at -61, that's 25 miles north of me on the Trans Canada.  The cold snap should end on the weekend with snow in the forecast  calling for an Alberta Clipper coming across the prairies.
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

red oaks lumber

sorry guys
i'm not handling this weather very well  ;)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

chain

The "Little Ice Age" part II is upon us! Minus 30 windchill temps warned for St. Louis Sunday, Monday!

Little Ice Age art work 1500 A.D-1800A.D.; one of my favorites by Artist Peter Bruegel, "The Hunters in the Snow", depicts the stark, snowy, late evening return of hunters and their hounds, trudging back into their village...
... Yet townspeople ice skating.

thecfarm

I have -8 here now. The wind is blowing. I don't think we got much more than 2 inches. One of those winds that picks up the snow in front of the garage and dumps it by the back door.
In 2012 it was 44. In 1999 it was -18.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Heat wave to day +25 but sleet turning to snow blizzard watch tonight Saturday night could be 70 below wind chill might have to move Arizona for the winter  splitwood_smiley fire_smiley whiteflag_smiley
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

ET

-10 when I woke up, 12 inches snow now with 8 more coming Sunday.  May get to minus 20 in a few days. A new all time record. Global warming, huh?
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

isawlogs

Quote from: red oaks lumber on January 03, 2014, 06:59:10 AM
sorry guys
i'm not handling this weather very well  ;)

No need for apoligies, this weather is not easy to deal with for some, but much easier if you can laugh some.  :)  We'll get back at those sunshine boy's come summer.  ;D  We can add all the layers we need to get warm, there's only so much one can take off to cool down. 
I would never dare wish upon a broken air conditionner to anyone, but  :-X happens.  :snowball:   

-30°C this morning , forecast is for a pile of snow, at least when that comes there will be a small break in Glaciertown.  Its a cold out dere!!!!   :snowman:
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

mesquite buckeye

Sounds like the 70's, part II. That is part of why I live in AZ. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Qweaver

It's +18 in WV this morning.  I don't mind sawing at these temps.  There is just enough exercise  to keep me warm.  Blowing snow is a hassle tho'.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Sonofman

You are right, Marcell, but if an AC breaks in the summer, you are just uncomfortable until it is fixed. If heat breaks now, most of y'all will have serious problems. I like the warmer climes. I have been to Alaska in the winter, nice to visit, but no thanks for living.

Qweaver, that is not much worse than here, about +20F this am.
Located due west of Due West.

sandhills

Pretty nice here, suppose to get to mid 30s today but with a 30-40 mph south wind.  Have to go help the neighbors work cattle and about the only direction not protected from is south  ::).

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Corley5

We were five below at daybreak.  It's nine now.  Supposed to warm to the teens with winds beginning to gust close to 30mph tonight and tomorrow.  Tomorrow's highs are supposed to be well into the twenties but the wind chills will be well below zero with snow and blowing snow.  We've got a lot of loose snow on the ground to blow around too.  I'm over it for sure.  Another 12 weeks to go  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SawyerBrown

We're supposed to have a high on Monday of -9 (F).  I can't remember the last time it was this cold in central IL.  You guys up north ... you have my highest respect!!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

SwampDonkey

I'm glad I live where I do, a lot less of everything I don't want and not too much of anything I need.  :D ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

I'm glad the lakes are still open and moderating our temps but at this rate they're not going to stay open.  The Soo Locks are dealing with the worst ice conditions since the mid 1930s.  Some ice floes on the St Mary's are 10 feet thick.  The Coast Guard has 4 ice breakers working 24 hours a day to keep things open in this final stretch of the shipping season.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

isawlogs

mesquite.,

That is why we have two separate   heating systems. I have a wood furnace and an electric furnace. More in this case is better.  :D

Something I found out today, google is always there to teach me.
separate
((Separate' is the most commonly misspelt word in the English language, according to a new study.)...  These people don't  read what I write ))
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Right now the wind chill factor is 12°. Wind blowing....Temp. is 30°.

I'm in the house....oh yeah!  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 03, 2014, 12:35:45 PM
Right now the wind chill factor is 12°. Wind blowing....Temp. is 30°.

I'm in the house....oh yeah!  8)

:D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

I'm just a 'shut-in'.  :-\

isawlogs

Do you bring the rocker in outa da cold too  ???

I'm going to stoke me fire here, it's on the warm side of -20°C at the moment.  fire_smiley

Marcel

clww

Here at The Beach, today we hit a high of 30 degrees. Winds have been gusting as high as 45 mph, too. Easily the coldest day this winter.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!