iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I have 28 and a light rain. There is a coating of ice,maybe ¼ inch.The temperture should be raising here soon.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Alcranb

48* here and back to Mudville   :(  heavy rain in the forecast for tonight.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

thecfarm

What a difference a few hours make. I went out this morning to fill the OWB. There was ice on the ground,but nothing that I felt I was about to fall down. I just went back out to check the cars door. VERY slippery out there now. I felt like I could fall down at any time. 30° now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

It's 52° here now, with no rain!

This afternoon we're supposed to get the rain and the potential for flooding!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We have got a line of storms coming in from the west right now producing high winds and rain.
Tornado warnings are out for our area, it's in the mid 60's right now and it's Jan.  :o
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jim_Rogers

Very foggy here right now, above 45°F but not raining right now....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Brad_S.

Quote from: thecfarm on January 11, 2014, 10:15:35 AM
What a difference a few hours make. I went out this morning to fill the OWB. There was ice on the ground,but nothing that I felt I was about to fall down. I just went back out to check the cars door. VERY slippery out there now. I felt like I could fall down at any time. 30° now.
My workmate and I waited until 10:30 to try and head out to work from our hotel in Bangor. We only made it 2 miles down I95 before turning back. Everything is a sheet of ice and there are accidents everywhere. Trucks have pulled over to wait it out.
Doesn't the Maine DOT use salt?????????????
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Chuck White

We just got done with an hour and a half of heavy rains, heading northeast!

Edit:  Just light and steady rain now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Maybe the salt or whatever they are using is just being washed away by the rain. Most times the freeways are in real good shape.
I kinda have to laugh when they lower the speed limit to 45mph and then the news reporter is standing in view of the freeway and the road is bare. Anf than they talk about how bad the roads are.My backroads are covered with snow.

Sixacresand

Just saw on tv news that both traffic lights in our county are out due to storms. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

SwampDonkey

Everything iced up around 11 this morning. I saw a truck going down the road like it was summer time, full bore. An accident in waiting. That truck was already in one accident in Mapleton, Maine. $7000 damage I read in a 2010 BDN article. It's above freezing now, so all rain at the moment. Strong sulphur smell today off the pulp mill.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

30° and lite snow falling here. Just shoveled a roof off and I was working up a sweat out there.

Woodcarver

Supposed to get up into the mid-thirties tomorrow, then cool off a bit.  I guess our January thaw will be of short duration  :)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

thecfarm

Sand truck had a hard time coming up the hill. And the worst part is it's one of those bodies that tip towards the cab and the sand is spread in front of the rear tires. Still trying to rain,34°. My driveway is just like a sheet of ice.

Alcranb

50* and pouring cats and dogs! Cutting firewood this morning the swamp maples were gushing sap!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

SwampDonkey

37 here now and raining. But ice on the ground to. Sand truck just went.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

snowstorm

this little ice event was more of a bad boy than the last one. it didnt last as long but it rained harder. when i started sanding at 5 am it was a light freezing mist. an hr later raining temp in the 20's. i even poked a couple holes in the snowbank that hasnt happened in over 10 yrs. each time it backed out on its own. the other guys were running chains on the front tires. it was the only way you could keep the truck in the road

thecfarm

If the roads was like mine here,I can see why. Nothing but ice.

isawlogs

Poston, we may kid around alot with the weather as it is  too cold , too hot, but I sure feel for all of you caught up with tornado warnings, I'll take a snow storm anyday over one of them.

its raining here and forcast is for it to change over night to snow. I sure hope it snow just before it freezes over, that way the snow willstick to the ice rink that the yard is  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Alcranb

Thunder and lightning to beat the band now. Go figure? January???
I'm with you isawlogs. I'll take a snow storm, heck hurricane before a tornado? No thank you!!!

thecfarm

Just got off the phone with the wife's son. He's in Hallowell,just a little more than ½ kinda south and he's at 50°.  :o  I'm at 34. I hope it's coming my way.

Jim_Rogers

I heard some thunder as well.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

hardtailjohn

About 40 degrees and blowing like tarnation here!! 
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

snowstorm

Quote from: thecfarm on January 11, 2014, 03:18:01 PM
Sand truck had a hard time coming up the hill. And the worst part is it's one of those bodies that tip towards the cab and the sand is spread in front of the rear tires. Still trying to rain,34°. My driveway is just like a sheet of ice.
my trucks all sand in front of the wheels. you can go ya just cant steer it

SwampDonkey

45 F here at this time and light rain. I be that ice will be gone in the morning.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!