iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Goin' where the weather suits my clothes.....

Isn't that an old song?..... ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ancjr

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on January 19, 2014, 07:41:41 PM

If it's not, it should be!  :)

thecfarm

I have plenty of cold weather gear. Guess I'm staying.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Lots of wool and wood, all I need.  ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Doesn't feel all that cold outside but the temp is only 10°. Couple more inches of snow overnight and snowing heavily at the present. I brushed the snow off the wifes car so she could go to work and by the time I got the second side finished the first was snow covered to the point you couldn't tell what color the car was.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on January 19, 2014, 07:41:41 PM

Everybody's Talkin' by Harry Nilsson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMw-2Wr2Kto

Herb

curdog

Going to be sunny and 62 here today, but supposed to cool back down to highs in the mid 30's later this week. Still no snow forecast. I'm still hoping for our few inches that last a day or so. I'd like it now before we start tree planting for the year, but I'd take a little snow when I can get it.

ancjr

Chuck White

Some of us up here in the North country need a little more snow cover pretty soon.

It won't be long before it's time to start tapping again!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Autocar

Mid thirtys here today but suppose to cool off to the tune of six degrees by tomarrow morning. I don't mind the cold  I could do without the wind. Plenty of snow on the ground also Iam ready fo spring.
Bill

mesquite buckeye

78 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8)

Need to find a palm tree to lean up against and sip a margarita. smiley_big-grin2
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

coxy

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on January 20, 2014, 12:43:01 PM
78 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8)

Need to find a palm tree to lean up against and sip a margarita. smiley_big-grin2
here we go with them darn margaritas again  ;D :snowball: maybe jeff will make margaritas and sunny and 78 a bad word :D :D :D :D 8)

mesquite buckeye

You could always wait for a mint julep under a magnolia in June.  ;D Downside is you would need to like grits. ;D ;D ;D

thecfarm

We gained a little more than ½ hour on the daylight part. Came in handy tonight. I had to get some wood for another cold spell coming.I took the flashlight thinking I was going to need it when I put the tractor away. Never even turned it on. Not suppose to get above 10 for the next 4-5 days. Real windy in the night. I can hear it starting. Sounds kinds erie for some reason. No snow in sight,just cold. This is when the cold should come,not 3 weeks ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I think you better check the weather map again. A big storm coming your way, but not up this far. ;D ;) A few inches on Saturday, not a big one.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I just got on to take that part out. Guess I can't now.Just saw it,swampdockey. May get some tonight too.  ;)

SwampDonkey

Gonna miss us. :) I gotta make my once every two weeks journey to the grocery store. :D

Dusty Rhodes

Just calling for single digits by tomorrow night then maybe down to 0 F here so does not sound as cold as it was a few weeks ago. They are calling for some wind gusts so it will feel even colder.  Forewarned is Forearmed as they say, so like thecfarm I hauled in some wood to the shed with the tractor. Brought in more of the primo stuff, some Hickory and Black Locust from the stacks out by the pole building.  So thankful I have it to burn. The weather guessers are calling for some snow here but not a lot, maybe a few inches.  Most of the snow will be south of me this time.  They can have it, we still have snow on the ground from last week.     

Chuck White

It's -16°F here now.

Glad I don't have anything planned for tomorrow!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

-6 F here now, was 22 yesterday. :) Been log trucks going steady by here since 4:00 am, the first load just rolled by. They are hauling off a neighbor's lot 3 miles away, it's all been clear cut.

ancjr

Snowing.  Was 34 @ 4am, 31 now.  Supposed to drop 21 more degrees by 5pm.

dgdrls

Back to the cold,  -6,  clear as a bell.
easy snow with the pusher shovel this A.M. Not enough for the blower
Off to the Salt mines :D

DGDrls

chevytaHOE5674

0° this morning with the windchill well below that and more snow overnight.

One of the angling cylinders on my plow was leaking badly so I tore it apart yesterday to see what parts I needed because the weather forecast only have about 4" of snow accumulation in the forecast through Friday so I figured I'd have plenty of time to get it fixed. Got it apart and got the parts ordered. Well now we have a lake effect snow warning and over a foot of accumulation is expected by tomorrow night...  :D

Looks like its going to be a cold day plowing with the ATV.

thecfarm

I had -1 for the lowest. No wind at this time.  We had the wife's dog groomed yesterday. pretty short of hair now. She did not stay out long last night nor this morning. We put a coat on her too.

red oaks lumber

i have spent way to much time plowing snow this winter :) the plus is it has a great heater and awesome radio ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!