iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Reading all this makes a guy want to go and cook some soup. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 25, 2014, 09:18:10 PM
Reading all this makes a guy want to go and cook some soup.

You need some slabs moved?   digin1
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Yes!  A whack of them  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Quote from: WDH on January 25, 2014, 09:37:35 PM

Yeah, what do you do with them?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on January 25, 2014, 09:54:25 PM
Quote from: WDH on January 25, 2014, 09:37:35 PM

Yeah, what do you do with them?

I think he just moves them from 1 shed to the other......and after they've made their round.....he builds another shed.  :D

WDH

It is true that I have been shed building.  Maybe we need to BBQ something big.  I can get Raider Bill to come and make a big fire, Julio will do the cooking, and maybe Red oaks Lumber can bring a cow  :D.  The rest of y'all will have to move slabs  :).

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 25, 2014, 09:58:54 PM
It is true that I have been shed building.  Maybe we need to BBQ something big.  I can get Raider Bill to come and make a big fire, Julio will do the cooking, and maybe Red oaks Lumber can bring a cow  :D.  The rest of y'all will have to move slabs  :).

Now ya talking.....Red Oak Lumber can take a cow, slab it, plane it and tongue and groove that thang and it'll be ready for the fire!  :D :D :D

Peter Drouin

I might even come to that :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Autocar

This morning its in the single digits but right now pretty calm out there as far as the wind goes. Suppose to start snowing anytime so we will see as the day goes on. Keep warm everyone !
Bill

red oaks lumber

some one else is cleaning up the mess :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Woodboogah

Just got in from feeding the animals and holy wind.  The temp was reading 14, but that wind is whipping.
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

SwampDonkey

Windy and 19 this morning. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim_Rogers

Here in my shop/office I don't have any other heat except my wood stove. It burns lots of wood and it will go out overnight, most of the time.
So, in the morning it is fairly cool in here when I get in.

I had a white plastic body thermometer on the wall over near my desk. I could never read it where it was. I moved it to be right near my mouse hand/pad, so that I could see how cool it was here.

Just for laughs, I put another thermometer I have next to it. And left them both here overnight.

I'm not sure if you can read the one on the left but it says it's 40° F in here before I got the fire started. Funny the one on the right says it's 30°F in here.

I checked and neither of the glass tubes are loose in the brackets. I though one of them may have slid down some. But they are both being held securely.

Which one is right?

I guess it's time for a third opinion or a new thermometer.

What do you think?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Chuck White

Jim, When you go to get a new thermometer look around the display a little and when you see several that read the same, get one of them.

Don't get one that's 8-10° different!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

Snow yesterday more today 7 below more snow today  wind blowing like crazzzzy wife is stuck at work wont be home till Monday better get the tractor out and blow the snow she told me what she was gona do with the scoop shovel if I dident
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

I have 6 above and the wind is busy out there. Around 6am I heard the house creak from the wind.
I only got about about a ½ inch of snow. Good thing the way that wind is blowing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Alcranb

Jim, looks like the one on the right has some fluid at the 92° Mark so I'd venture a guess that the plastic one is closer to the money.
15° now and wind howling 30mph out of the NW. Yesterday it was 40°, go figure  :-\
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

SwampDonkey

Temp has dropped to 8F here now. Wind just a whipping. 4 foot drift in the lower driveway, that'll end up being a block of solid snow with the cold coming. Oh well, more snow tomorrow so that can stay right there until it's over. Warm in here, good day for weaving. :D

Oyster Rockefeller for lunch. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Autocar

Well I got dressed to go to church and sat down in my easy chair the next time I looked out you couldn't see fifty feet it was snowing so hard. Went to town only to find out they cancelled church,still snowing if the wind starts we will be covered up. Ya got to love it  :D !
Bill

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Alcranb on January 26, 2014, 08:25:56 AM
Jim, looks like the one on the right has some fluid at the 92° Mark so I'd venture a guess that the plastic one is closer to the money.

Maybe I need to shake it down like the old time doctors use to do, just before they stuck it in your.....wait for it...... mouth?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Peter Drouin

+18 here with sun. I think Ill work on some firewood to day for next winter  :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

pep

At 2:00 am it was -29C, at 6:30am it was -40. Now it's a tropical -36.  At this rate might run out of wood.  Still have 7 cords,  but still have 2-1/2 months of winter.
Stay warm!

Cheers
Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

chevytaHOE5674

Only got down to a balmy zero last night and has already warmed up to 3° forecast high is 5°. More snow overnight and still snowing. 219 inches and climbing rapidly.

thecfarm

219 inches.WOW!!! We might be around 36-48 inches. Just a guess. I only have about 4 inches on the ground.

EDIT,
Just about high noon here,12° now and the wind is still at it. I took the trek down to the mailbox to get the paper,feed the deer,feed the OWB and that's enough for me and the Great Outdoors today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Here at Noon, we have one thermometer that reads 1° and the other reads 2°.

Wind is not strong now, just steady at 2-3 mph!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!