iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on January 28, 2014, 08:14:52 PM
Poston; I think we ought to take up a collection and send you a snow shovel just to see if you can figure out how to use it!   ;D

Of course, you'll have a hard time figuring it out because the snow would be gone by the time the snow shovel got there and you'd have to wait for another blizzard to hit!  ;)

Send me a shovel....I'm right handed.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Than knowing POSTON he'll ask where does the key go in?  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Poston; I think we ought to take up a collection and send you a snow shovel just to see if you can figure out how to use it!   ;D

Of course, you'll have a hard time figuring it out because the snow would be gone by the time the snow shovel got there and you'd have to wait for another blizzard to hit!  ;)

As long as the handle is osage orange, the shovel will last for several decades until the next "blizzard". 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on January 28, 2014, 10:04:34 PM

....... the shovel will last for several decades until the next "blizzard".

I hope its decades......this global warming is killing me!  :D

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 28, 2014, 08:29:13 PM

Send me a shovel....I'm right handed.  ;D

How about a Yooper  Scooper?
One size fits all.  :D :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7HZQhcz6m9w&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7HZQhcz6m9w
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

SwampDonkey

Ah, you fellas just need more hobbies for when them blizzards arrive. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

m wood

Brrrr, all I know is it's cold.  And it's gonna keep being cold.  This winter is a doozy for everyone. 
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

chevytaHOE5674

Currently it's -2° with something like a -22° windchill.

The local NWS spotter called into the radio station this morning and said that officially it's been 55 days since we have reached 32°. (although my thermometer has reached 32° twice since then, but its in the sun).

The record is 72 days without getting above freezing and with the way the long range forecast is looking we should break that record no problem.

isawlogs

Its -18°C this morning , temps are on the rise snow is on the way again for the weekend, a little is forcasted for this afternoon, some on thursday then a small dump on friday and saturday, Joys........ :D :) :) :)   ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

ancjr

4F now.  Glad the -30F windchill and snow that was predicted did not show.  I'm still feeling under the weather from so much exposure to -10 last week.

grweldon

Ice on the roads, 2" of snow and 18°F in Central Alabama!  Doesn't sound bad, I know, however...

No salt trucks in Alabama, only sand...
No snow removal equipment...
Idiots who don't know how to drive on snow or ice...

All roads closed in Autauga county where I live and in Dallas county where I work.   I went to work anyway, a 50 mile drive.  Boss was already here.  He's from Elkhart, Indiana!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

thecfarm

chevy,if we did not get any above freezing temps the roads in Chesterville would have ice a foot deep on them.   :D  I own land in both Chesterville and Fayette. I take a left,Chesterville roads and ice. Those roads are kinda bad now. Some ice,than none,than ice. Really makes the old car rattle. Take a right and go about 300 feet and into Fayette and the roads are just about bare. Much better. Almost easier on the car to go all the way around instead of beating the car on Chesterville's roads. Times are tough.no money.
I had -1 for a low last night,4 above now. Sun is out for now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 29, 2014, 08:55:20 AM

Wow, no point going south this year. I feel for you guys, we take snow and cold for granted and deal with it as it comes but it is rare for many of you. This has been a bizarre winter.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

Getting some liquid sunshine here today. Supposed to be in the 70's this weekend. I'll let you know. 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: sawguy21 on January 29, 2014, 09:46:59 AM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 29, 2014, 08:55:20 AM

Wow, no point going south this year. I feel for you guys, we take snow and cold for granted and deal with it as it comes but it is rare for many of you. This has been a bizarre winter.

Guess so. 73 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8)

Sposed to be a big cooldown after the weekend with highs only in the 60's :(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Autocar

It was zero here this morning with a southwest wind ,its colder today then yesturday at - 14. But this is the end of it for a few days the way the weather looks right now.
Bill

thecfarm

The temp is up to 18° and that's in the shade. ;D Might get up to 20. I plugged in the tractor this morning,started up like the 4th of July. I'm on my way to bring some wood that I cut last summer up to the house.

clww

The thermometer got down to 17 degrees last night, and currently showing 21 here at The Beach. We got 11" of snow last night.  :snowball:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Lud

I had - 18 yesterday morning and it's up to 8 right now.  Thankfully sunny.  Seems the jet stream's straightening out and the polar vortex can go back where it belongs.   January's pretty much been a waste. :o :o
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

SwampDonkey

13 in the shade here, 23 in the sun, take your pick. :D

Poston's pic reminds me of home, lots of snow and sun. :D   :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: johnjbc on January 28, 2014, 07:44:20 PM
Jim
To calibrate a thermometer, fill a large glass with water and ice. As long as it has both water and ice it will be exactly 32 degrees. Put the thermometer in the glass and it should read 32. You should be able to slide the bulb up or down to make it read correctly 8)

Thanks for your advice and method. I was thinking that maybe I could adjust it to read right, but the bulb at the bottom is all the way down and it can't slide down any more to read right.
So I have kind of given up on that idea.

Last night on the way home I stopped at Home depot to get one or two cheap regular outside thermometers. I went to the section where I thought they were and couldn't find any. I then when to the plumbing section figured someone would be there to ask. I bumped into a young man on the way. He told me where they were, I walked right past them (as usual). Well all they had were these fancy dancy electronic things that cost and arm and a leg. I just wanted a regular one like I have pictured here on the FF.

I walked back to the plumbing section and ran into a lady stocking shelves in the electrical section along the way. I asked her for a regular every day simple non electronic outside thermometer. She told me to go to the same spot the first guy said to go to. I told her that there weren't any there like that. She said that's all they had. I told her that was ridicules, and that they needed a better selection. And stormed out of there all pithed off.
Across the street at Lowes they had a very nice selection of very inexpensive thermometers of all sizes and types. Even some of those fancy dancy electronic ones, that cost an arm and a leg.

I got two. I did check at least three or more of them till I found two that read the same. Hopefully they are both reading right. I think they were as the matched some of the big round ones. $2 each such a deal.

What a quest to find a good working thermometer.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

mesquite buckeye

Low 80's and sunny tomorrow. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

clww

COLD morning here at The Beach. :o Thermometer currently showing 3 degrees F. Lowest temp I've ever seen here in 23 years. Won't see much snow melt today.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

We have 12° and light snow here now.

Should be a nice day here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!